Paranoid in Texas....????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paranoid in Texas....????

Texas gets a lot of bad press,and if you wonder why,this may be a good example....

Army war simulation in Texas sparks fear, response from governor

AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott on Tuesday asked the State Guard to monitor a U.S. military training exercise dubbed "Jade Helm 15" amid
    Internet-fueled suspicions that the war simulation is really a hostile military takeover.

read for your self here

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jade-hel...from-governor/
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Paranoid in Texas....????

What are these people smoking and has the FDA restricted it yet?
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Also in TX, apparently little girls can't wear sundresses any more. Guess they're paranoid about that, too. (Next, there'll be a Build-A-Burqa store in the mall. LOL) http://www.chron.com/houston/article...ss-6229256.php
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Considering that Texas is Paranoid about "Sheria law" not sure if I spelled that right...It seems they are kinda trying to create their own "Sheria law" only based on Christian stuff.

Just how it seems to me,an outsider to be sure,but if it looks like a rabbit,and hops like a rabbit there is a slight chance it is indeed a Rabbit...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

^^^ "Sharia". (Every time I hear it, I hear it to the tune of "My Sharona".) And yes - there are huge similarities, but those involved don't seem to see the forest for the trees. Kinda like the thousands of denominations of Protestants - the difference is minute, and usually just about a translation of something.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
            Also in TX, apparently little girls can't wear sundresses any more. Guess they're paranoid about that, too. (Next, there'll be a Build-A-Burqa store in the mall. LOL) http://www.chron.com/houston/article...ss-6229256.php
            It must be that someone in Texas finds little girls in sundresses sexually appealing. Maybe the person responsible for this shouldn't be working around children.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

It might just be that sun dresses are a mark of the devil who try to tempt the faithful to sin in their hearts......One must remember it is Texas...Warts and all......(am I being unfair to the whole state of Texas,when it is most likely just "Part" of Texas?)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

No it has nothing to do with the fact its a sundress and everything to do with the straps on the dress. No school in Texas allows spaghetti straps unless you have a shirt that goes over it to cover it up. I bet money if you look in the dress code it specifically states that its not allowed. It doesn't matter that shes 5 or 6 or 10. They aren't being mean and they aren't picking on her. We aren't trying to set up our own Sharia laws.
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Working...
                X