one year wedding anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one year wedding anniversary

Well I'm kinda awful at planning these things but KP's and my 1 year wedding anniversary is on the 17th of May. I know there are quite a few people here who have been in committed relationships, handfastings, marriages for a long time what are somethings you guys do to celebrate? Any suggestions for me?
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Re: one year wedding anniversary

You can plan a trip on your wedding anniversary. Florida would be the best place for that. I had given a destination wedding reception party at a beautiful beach in Florida and everyone loved it. It was a splendid day.

Comment

Honestly, we don't generally do anything for our anniversary except maybe go to dinner. Or for birthdays or Valentines day...
      “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
      ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
      ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Get drunk and engage in a "fertility ritual."
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

^^^highly recommended

Comment

Make a plan, night party or a trip, i think it's good.

Comment

Aww, congratulations! If a trip isn't possible, maybe just get a room at a hotel in town. A room with a jacuzzi would make it extra special, if you don't have one at home. Some hotels have romance packages, which include stuff like champagne and flowers.
              “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

We went to the Gold Coast and visited SeaWorld for our first anniversary. Now we just go out to dinner.

Comment

Congratulations!

We tend to have a really good or "fancy" dinner, and also do some sort of activity (billiards, movie, concert) etc. Simple and special. Without knowing your budget/travel availability/personalities, that's about all the advice I can offer lol.
                  “I am Cat and I walk alone and all ways are the same to me.” ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

I know this is late but it can be used by others with the same question.
                    Write a note. Start with thanking her mother for giving her life, her father for giving her to you, and her for all that she adds to your life.
                    Take the time to ponder what you will write and the words you choose to use. This is a ritual that I use in my life and my wife appreciates it more than a night out or a trip of distractions.
                    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Working...
                    X