A Pagan Community Statement on the Environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Pagan Community Statement on the Environment

FYI...there's A Pagan Community Statement on the Environment for anyone interested in signing (I have). Notice, the world A not THE, so if I see any bitching on the subject of "omg they are trying to talk for all pagans, I'm so offended" or whatever, I'm going to rudely point out your lack of reading comprehension.

Its only a statement that applies to you if you choose to be part of the community that is signing it. For being a consensus document among the peoples writing it and then the couple dozen people commenting on it, its pretty decent. If you don't want to sign it, no one is holding a knife to your throat...but (warning) don't be an ass about it either, it just makes you look like a jerk.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: A Pagan Community Statement on the Environment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    FYI...there's A Pagan Community Statement on the Environment for anyone interested in signing (I have). Notice, the world A not THE, so if I see any bitching on the subject of "omg they are trying to talk for all pagans, I'm so offended" or whatever, I'm going to rudely point out your lack of reading comprehension.

Its only a statement that applies to you if you choose to be part of the community that is signing it. For being a consensus document among the peoples writing it and then the couple dozen people commenting on it, its pretty decent. If you don't want to sign it, no one is holding a knife to your throat...but (warning) don't be an ass about it either, it just makes you look like a jerk.
    Methinks you've been here long enough to see how that game is played...

By the way - I signed. I paid particular attention to the political part, because I'm not always sure about "pagan" politics, but, in this case, I can agree.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Re: A Pagan Community Statement on the Environment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
      Methinks you've been here long enough to see how that game is played...
      Lol, just a tad...

By the way - I signed. I paid particular attention to the political part, because I'm not always sure about "pagan" politics, but, in this case, I can agree.
      Ditto. I was pleasantly suprised when I read it. From what I understand, a fairly large group of people from a number of traditions had at least some hand in it. I followed the writing a little bit, and the revising debate. A similar attempt on sex abuse didn't go so well after the Kenny Kline debacle...which is a shame (it was well written as well, but they made the "THE vs A" mistake).
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X