Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back - just very lost.

Hey everyone,

I know it has been a really long time, but I just wanted to say that I'm back. Life had been really crazy and upside down for me lately, and I've been struggling through a lot, but I'm trying to do my best to slowly pick up the pieces and move forward. I've been having a little bit of a hard time keeping grounded since I have lost most/all of my friends and my significant other, and since then I've really had the most interaction with spirits, elementals, etc. And of course, wolves, coyotes, etc at the sanctuary I volunteer at, and caterpillars and butterflies from my garden.

I honestly am very grateful for the spirits that I work with, since they've helped me to hold it together and snapped me out of the worst blues, but I do feel a little lost lately. I know it is odd to say, but I feel like I've become much more sensitive to them, and at the same time a little distant to other (physical) things. Is it strange to say that I feel almost a little unbalanced because of it? The worst part is that I know at least one of the forest spirits I work with regularly is worried that I've become so entirely enmeshed in spiritual affairs and stuff like past life recall, with hardly anything to really anchor me physically anymore.

If anyone has any advice or just wants to say hi, I'd really appreciate it. I'll do my best to check back here as often as I can.

Thanks,

-Ryn

Re: I'm back - just very lost.

Nice to see you back Ryn. It's ALWAYS important to try and stay grounded. Somewhere in Anglo_Saxon literature there is a quote that says something along the lines that although the soul shall wander, it is not a cloud. Always it must remain tethered to the earth. The best thing I think is to 'bless' yourself with an hour or two off from all this spirituality. Maybe an hour a day for a start, time you set aside for purely secular pursuits.
    None of us can appreciate the spiritual life fully, unless we also learn the value of the everyday one too.
    And best of luck!
    Tylluan
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Hallo and welcome back!

And I agree with Mrs P--her advice is excellent as usual!
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
        Nice to see you back Ryn. It's ALWAYS important to try and stay grounded. Somewhere in Anglo_Saxon literature there is a quote that says something along the lines that although the soul shall wander, it is not a cloud. Always it must remain tethered to the earth. The best thing I think is to 'bless' yourself with an hour or two off from all this spirituality. Maybe an hour a day for a start, time you set aside for purely secular pursuits.
        None of us can appreciate the spiritual life fully, unless we also learn the value of the everyday one too.
        And best of luck!
        Tylluan
        Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        Hallo and welcome back!

And I agree with Mrs P--her advice is excellent as usual!
        Thanks for the warm welcome back, Tylluan Penry and Thalassa. I do think that I'm having a hard time staying grounded simply because I interact with spirits more than... well, anything, lately (especially Faeruun, the forest spirit). I know that I need to do more in the physical, and interact with people more, but have had pretty bad luck with it -- since my significant other left me, some of the people I had considered close friends started treating me in ways that really raised red flags and made me feel unsafe, so I no longer feel comfortable talking with them. I do volunteer at the sanctuary as often as I can, but that's really only about once a week with work and all.

I've tried doing more, throwing myself into gardening and writing and painting, but I still feel like I'm drifting, if that makes any sense....? Like I'm only half there, at best, even when I'm trying to do something to ground myself a little. Once money is a little better, I might try joining a yoga class once a week at a local new age shop to see if that helps at all, but other than that I'm not sure what to do.

Comment

Working...
        X