Nipple Equality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nipple Equality

Warning on the video, there are free tatas present, so maybe NSFW. Its nothing sexual though.

THE DEBATE:

Is the double standard of topless man=ok vs topless woman=wrong inequality?
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Nipple Equality

Yes, but it should be preserved nonetheless. Normalizing bare boobs would make it less special and intimate, invalidating time honored traditions and works of art like the wet t-shirt contest and ecchi fanservice.

And what of cute bikinis?
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Actually, I'm at work, so as much as I'd like to watch the video, it will have to wait.

But - Is it inequality?

Eh... if someone wants it to be. It's a norm developed over time... I guess it depends on how much someone wants to complain...

Personally, I just want to enjoy.

In other words, I dunno.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

Eh... if someone wants it to be. It's a norm developed over time... I guess it depends on how much someone wants to complain...

Well, interestingly, one of the things they point out in the video is that men's nipples were taboo until the 1930's too...until men had their own free the nipple campaign because they didn't want to wear one piece full body bathing suits
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I don't understand why nudity is illegal. Who is so powerful, so all knowing, that they can put me in restraints, and imprison me for "revealing" my natural form? Why are we so embarrassed about ourselves? There must be something wrong with this species if we are not mature enough to handle our own sexual organs. The media, and religious morals placed upon us at such young ages have poisoned our image of our bodies, making them into something dirty... Something dirty in need of cover. While we are not dirty creatures, we are made to believe that our nudity is an unnatural, ungodly, unattractive, grotesque slander and improvisation on this world we walk. As well, The attempt to preserve the "innocence" of young children just deprives them from accepting their naked bodies as natural things. Making nudity such a dirty thing leaves young children uncomfortable with ideals that should have been seen as innocent as anything else through their eyes. While we sit in our animal skins and feel comfortable, we utterly lack the comfort of our own skins, which, in the end, leads to eating disorders, suicide, manic depression, and questions of our place. Clothing has done more harm than good, but our addiction to it shall never be lifted. Disgusting is our ability to destroy everything natural and replace it with something poisonous. We are human, but we are still animals.

- - - Updated - - -

As well, What are clothes to you? Are they purely for what they were intended to be used for, or have they evolved to something natural? Here's the thing. Clothing in its first use, was made for protection and warmth. But as society advanced, we have made laws stating that the bare human body is unnatural and destructive to a perfect world. Fabrics and cloths are not used for protection and warmth anymore, but for the soul purpose of censorship. This is very destructive to the image of our bodies.
          "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
          And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
          They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
          The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
          - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Honestly? I don't care. I'm trying to find equality in my paycheck.
            F this.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Falls under the zero ****s given.

If people want to push the idea, awesome, I won't oppose them but I'm not gonna muster the energy to get involved in it. If I feel a need to take up a cause then there are dozens that are more important to me.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

The problem isn't equality as much as sexualization I think. When I was a kid I always went topless on the beach... I haven't done that since I was around 12. I'm quite confident about my body and I don't mind people looking, but the kind of attention it attracts is nasty. At 12 I was quite tall, but otherwise I looked very young, I was pretty flat chested... but older boys and men started assuming that my bare chest was an invitation. At that age I freaked out and started wearing tops - the attention stopped. Now I don't think that's sexist or inequality, I just think boobs are generally accepted to have something to do with sex...
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Well boobies are sexy. I even like boobies. I look. I look at my own. I look at other womens' boobies. I bet those women who want breasts to not be sexual would get awful effing testy if you told them their boobies were ugly sacs.

Women cannot have it both ways. We have sexy boobies. When we don't want to have sexy boobies we get upset when we are told are boobies aren't sexy.

So keep your boobies in your shirt. Shut up. Sit down.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

As you can see, I'm quite passionate on the topic. I want to start a nudist revolution. I mean, if 200 people marched naked down Time Square, you wouldn't be able to arrest all of them, am I right? But on a serious note, there is nothing more sexual about a women's chest than a mans, it's just how we have been made to think.
                    "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                    And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                    They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                    The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                    - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
                      As you can see, I'm quite passionate on the topic. I want to start a nudist revolution. I mean, if 200 people marched naked down Time Square, you wouldn't be able to arrest all of them, am I right? But on a serious note, there is nothing more sexual about a women's chest than a mans, it's just how we have been made to think.
                      Going by wiki, the 2013 NYPD employed a little under 50000 people. Now sure, not all of those are are uniformed officers with arrest powers but I'm pretty sure they can muster a couple hundred people. Try several thousand minimum.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

There are several places across the world where women go topless but typically those groups of people accept womens breasts as the main source of nutrition for infants and not something to be sexualized. They have a completely different outlook. Our culture sees breasts as a sexual thing. It complicates things. Shrug.
                        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I am a feminist, as well as a person who wishes she could be a nudist. To me, I don't mind my breasts being considered sensual, but I don't want to be objectified either. I think it's a very fine line between being objectified and being found sexually attractive. A woman's breasts serve a very specific function in nature, and that is to nourish her babies. We are the only species of mammal that sexualizes, and stigmatizes, the female breast, particularly the nipple. Cultural standards are what decides just how much of a woman's bare breast is considered acceptable, and when it crosses a line. For example, in some countries a woman exposing all of her breast wouldn't be considered taboo or overtly sexual. In America, it's generally acceptable for a woman's cleavage or the tops of her breasts to show. In some places a woman must be completely covered for modesty purposes.

Now, I don't see this as very crucial issue. I think it's more important to focus on a woman's reproductive autonomy, closing the wage gap, and dismantling rape culture. Being able to free my nipples is the least of my concerns when doing so would lead some men to believe it was an open invitation to sexually harass, or assault me. Until we can break that mentality down, freeing the nipple won't do us much good.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                            Going by wiki, the 2013 NYPD employed a little under 50000 people. Now sure, not all of those are are uniformed officers with arrest powers but I'm pretty sure they can muster a couple hundred people. Try several thousand minimum.
                            Yeah, but in NYC (and surprisingly many US states, though local ordinances may shut that down), its legal to be topless as a woman.
                            sigpic

Comment

If it's legal to start with then the numbers don't matter. I was more concerned with the idea that 200 is somehow beyond the ability of the NYPD to handle.

Comment

Working...
                              X