This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man Searching For His Faith

Hello. Nice to meet you. I prefer not to give my name away, so just address me using my username. I'm currently struggling with my spirituality. I'm not sure what I believe in terms of how many gods there are, the existence of magic, the afterlife, etc. If it's not too troublesome, I would like some help. I've been looking at Wicca, Kemetic Orthodoxy, Buddhism, Cheondoism, theistic Satanism, and Natib Qadish, but I'm still looking for answers. I do have some requirements:
    1. No central or absolute moral or power figure; I fear a cult could arise from that
    2. Must be okay with homosexuality
    3. Does not promote viewing oneself as a deity; I fear arrogance could stifle spiritual growth
    4. Has to be able to tolerate disagreement
    5. Must foster spiritual growth and development
    Any help would be very much appreciated.

Re: Man Searching For His Faith

Well first, welcome.

Second...you make a religion those thing or not. Because every religion is going to have people that violate or seek to violate every item on that list. Be something because it resonates (literally or figuratively) and inspires you to take part in its practices, not because it meeets some list that has nothing to do with the tennets of the religion itself.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Welcome.

I do wonder, if I may say, about your desire to find a path that facilitates spiritual growth (you've mentioned this term twice) - trying to categorise your beliefs into an existing religion/path/system may be something that isn't the most conducive to your self-discovery at this point in your search.

I would simply suggest that perhaps you focus more on your own feelings, intuition and relationship with whatever concept you have of the Divine for the time being as opposed to trying to find a name for what you believe.

Comment

Greetings and welcome to PF.
          "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Hey LearningMan

I think this is really good advice:
            Originally posted by Torey View Post

I do wonder, if I may say, about your desire to find a path that facilitates spiritual growth (you've mentioned this term twice) - trying to categorise your beliefs into an existing religion/path/system may be something that isn't the most conducive to your self-discovery at this point in your search.

I would simply suggest that perhaps you focus more on your own feelings, intuition and relationship with whatever concept you have of the Divine for the time being as opposed to trying to find a name for what you believe.
            I hope that as you remain open to experiences for a little while, over time things will begin to fall into place again.

Welcome again! I hope you find discussions here enlightening.

Comment

Welcome to our forum!

I think Torey here has an excellent advice, you should look into it. Besides I'm not familiar with a religion that doesn't facilitate spiritual growth.
              Originally posted by Torey View Post
              Welcome.

Nobody can point you the "right", or the "ultimate" religion for you. Like Torey said, focus on your feelings and simultaneously experiment with religions.
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

I third what Torey has said. Meditate. Feel. Explore your inner world and see what's there. For me, spirituality comes from the inside out, not the other way around.
                  Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

Thank you all for your warm welcome. I definitely will take Torey's advice. I'm new to any sort of religious or spiritual thinking, so I'll try my best. I'll be using books to get a grasp of the basics, then experiment with my spirituality.

Comment

number three is actually what my religion is all about Sith philosophy the end goal is ultimate evolution to godhood which is defined by being the best physical mental and spiritual organism you can be. For Natib Qadish a long time ago i had a dream that I was El the chief god of the pantheon I was clothed in his robes and wore his hat . Not sure if it meant anything.

Comment

Welcome to the forum! :3

Comment

Working...
                        X