Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Appearance of Divine?

Originally posted by LearningMan View Post
    I'm not sure what I did, but I may have made the Divine angry. At 11:00 last night, I prayed to them: "Dear Divine, please give me a sign so that I may worship you. The sign can be anything you wish, as long as it doesn't harm anyone." I wake up at 2:00 the next morning and shortly after vomit. I then discovered that my brother had the same illness, except his was more severe. I vomited stomach acid and had diarrhea for several hours. Now that I've taken a rest, I feel better, but I have to suck on crushed ice instead of drinking water. Did I do something wrong? Did I offend them?
    There are three easy possibilities:

1) Pure Coincidence. Really they do happen. Not all events are connected to each other.

2) You irritated a Power so they decided to be a prick when answering you.

3) The universe has a sick and twisted sense of humor, you've just met one of it's milder demonstrations. Congrats on getting a sign.

In order of most to least likely, I'd bet on 1 (most), 3 (trailing 1), 2 (Not overly likely)
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      There are three easy possibilities:

1) Pure Coincidence. Really they do happen. Not all events are connected to each other.

2) You irritated a Power so they decided to be a prick when answering you.

3) The universe has a sick and twisted sense of humor, you've just met one of it's milder demonstrations. Congrats on getting a sign.

In order of most to least likely, I'd bet on 1 (most), 3 (trailing 1), 2 (Not overly likely)
      I agree with this. Sometimes being sick is just being sick and has nothing to do with anything spiritual.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Pretty sure you just got sick.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Thank you. I've decided that using meditation to discover my spirituality from within would be a smarter idea.

Comment

Yes - you want to be a bit careful in looking for signs, friend LearningMan.

There is an old Twilight Zone episode (staring a young Willim Shatner) in which people in a diner become incapable of making decisions without consulting a cheeses fortune-vending machine. You do not want that to happen to you!

One of the attractions of the pagan deities (at least for me) is that, unlike the Christian god, who is, theoretically, concerned with each and every sparrow, they want and expect people to act autonomously - to make decisions for the person is responsible, rather than acting as babysitter gods that want to control your every action.

If you look for signs everywhere, you will find them everywhere. But finding them doesn't mean they are there, and, even if they are, you don't have to follow them.

Use your own initiative, and live.

That is far, far more important than following signs!
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Just this from Bill Engvall

Not for not are we at times mentioned in the "Stupid human tricks" category...
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Why do you need a sign from the divine to worship it? Are you asking it for permission to do so? Or is there something in particular you're hoping to accomplish, because there may be a different and potentially less frustrating way to get to your goal. You may be trying too hard to see things in the minute details that you could be missing the real message that may be displayed in simpler ways.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                X