Glimpse of Bronze Age girl's daily life from hair, clothes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glimpse of Bronze Age girl's daily life from hair, clothes

New analyses of famous find, 3,400-year-old "Egtved girl," show she was well traveled and likely a priestess of the sun

I don't know about you guys, but these kinds of articles really excite me. Traveling priestess of a sun worshiper? I really got to start reading up on the history of this culture now.

Re: Glimpse of Bronze Age girl's daily life from hair, clothes

Really fascinating!
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I love things like this! It is so amazing that we are getting even better a looking into the past. I hope this is only one of many amazing discoveries that they make regarding this! :3

On a separate note, this means that I need to make sure they make sure my hair is in proper order when I'm buried. Don't want my hair to be a mess if they dig me up in the 3400 years after I die now do I.

Comment

I saw something similar recently that I found fascinating. They reconstructed the face of a female skull in the UK dating to Roman times and found her to be of sub-Saharan African descent. I wonder how she came to the UK and what her life was like. I'm not allowed to post links yet, so if you are interested google 'Beachy HeadLady's Face Revealed'. It's a BBC news article.

Comment

If you like that sort of thing, try and watch Julian Richards 'Meet the Ancestors' - was on a few years ago but you might find some on YouTUbe. One of the UK's more famous bog bodies Lindow Man was sometimes jokingly referred to as Pete Moss by the team that worked on the excavation

And for Bronze Age Europe - google the Nebra Sky Disc and prepare to be dazzled.
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Nice share!

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

The Ivory Bangle lady, found in the UK, first they tried to say she was a slave since she was African. But due to her being in a very expensive roman coffin, they said she must have been a romans wife who married her whilst in Africa. She sported Ivory bangles not normally seen at that time period here.

Comment

Working...
              X