Incest of Gods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incest of Gods

I would like to know how Kemetics feel about the numerous incestous relationships of the Egyptian pantheon. Today, incest is generally considered to be immoral, so I would like to know how Kemetics feel about the incest among the gods.

Re: Incest of Gods

Well, personally I don't mind. I mean, there are many resources that point to incest among the Kemetic deities. For instance Nephtys and Set, Aset and Ausar... Maybe somewhere else and I don't remember..
    I think it works a bit different among the gods and among humans. I mean, king Tut's curse is actually a result of bold incest in his family. I read it somewhere, unfortunately I didn't save the source. So it seems to me that incest doesn't affect on the Netjer but does on us as humans.

I don't mind, but I prefer to stay out of this.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Thank you. I suppose deities would probably work a little differently than mortals.

Comment

Probably... Maybe another user here will say otherwise, I don't think my opinion is the only true one. Just my two cents.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I think sometimes one has to look at what the relationship implies within the greater pantheon. The Kemetic gods / goddesses probably were not to different than their Hellenic counterparts and had to be accounted for in some capacity for their creation. One reason I think you see not only incest but also the merging of so many pairs or triplets.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I'm not familiar with Kemeticism but the first thing that pops into my mind is that it could be a symbolic thing.
            baah.

Comment

I'm not familiar with Kemeticism but the first thing that pops into my mind is that it could be a symbolic thing.
              Definitely not the Pharohs practiced incest with their sister or brother to keep the bloodline pure, even after the Greek invasion the Greeks continued the practice.

Comment

Perhaps myths are not so much literal descriptions of physical events but operate on many levels according to the understanding of the listener/reader.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Sith View Post
                  Definitely not the Pharohs practiced incest with their sister or brother to keep the bloodline pure, even after the Greek invasion the Greeks continued the practice.
                  erm....but the pharohs were thought to be divine, it was about keeping them pure

gods aren't human. were never thought to be human, and (while often depicted in human form, were sometimes not ever humanoid in their "natural" state). myths arent literal.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Like the Hapsburgs, the Pharos paid a steep price for their "purity."

King Tut Mysteries Solved: Was Disabled, Malarial, and Inbred
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                      Like the Hapsburgs, the Pharos paid a steep price for their "purity."

King Tut Mysteries Solved: Was Disabled, Malarial, and Inbred
                      Well, yeah...wading in an inflatable gene pool is never a good idea!
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X