This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have trouble feeling a spiritual connection

I usually cannot feel anything either on my own or when I used to go to church, escept the only time I feel a sense of something greater and deep I assume spiritual is when I look at the forest or plants my favorite color is green, its actually the only thing I have ever named as my favorite. I usually feel like a machine just going through the motions of life, powering down to sleep, adding extra energy caffeine sometimes nicotine to get work done, nothing feels sacred in my body I sometimes compare myself to a vehicle or vessel shuddering from place to place performing the required tasks. However like I said before I actually feel like theres more to living when I look deep into the forest or woods only in the summer time the green trees just swallow everything up and I'm surrounded by my favorite color , I feel a deep sense of both peace and power like I can feel the energy move. i don't know if this is any indication of what path should be on but it is my only connection to the spiritual considering I really don't think i have a soul.

Re: I have trouble feeling a spiritual connection

If you feel this sense of belonging in the forest, then I believe that you should pursue this.

Don't get wrapped up in "following a path" - spend time in the forest, absorb the energies there and just enjoy being in the environment. I would suggest that perhaps you look into non-path-specific books regarding tree energies or plant and herb magick.

I am curious as to why you feel that you don't have a soul.

Comment

I usually just believe in science. Science is pretty unconclusive as to whether we have souls but the leading consensus based on research into the existence of God or the supernatural would point to no.

Comment

I had not felt even the slightest twinge of pagan thoughts in over 10 years. But without any external persuading input I'm being drawn inexorably to certain paths.

Bearing in mind my Social media feed was filled solely with Skeptic Blogs and debunking links only a few months ago.

I don't know what prompted this change but it seems to agree with me.

Good luck wherever your search leads you.

Comment

Sounds like depression.

Depression and soullessness have the same symptoms.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            Sounds like depression.

Depression and soullessness have the same symptoms.
            Honestly? I'm pretty sure this is why I'm an atheist.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
            X