Cool mushrooms for your viewing pleasure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool mushrooms for your viewing pleasure

I've seen all but 2 of these in the wild...

TRIP OUT ON THESE 11 CRAZY MUSHROOMS

The one labeled "Bridal Veil" has an interesting scientific name, if you know a tiny bit of Latin. They also smell like poop, to attract flies that spread their spores. At home, we call them the stinky mushroom...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Cool mushrooms for your viewing pleasure

Mushrooms are neat. I like the porcelain ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
      Mushrooms are neat. I like the porcelain ones.
      Those are one of the varieties I've never seen.

But Scarlet Waxy Caps have the same sort of elegant artificial look, but are scarlet.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Neat. I've only seen about half of those in the wild. Guess we have different shrooms up this way.

Mostly art.

Comment

I'm actually really looking forward to exploring new territory after our move. One of the positive changes I get to be excited about. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
            Neat. I've only seen about half of those in the wild. Guess we have different shrooms up this way.
            You're somewhat colder up there - that limits things a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually really looking forward to exploring new territory after our move. One of the positive changes I get to be excited about. ^^
            Moving far? I like to get local field guides for plants, amphibians/reptiles, and fungi. Also animal footprints. Just to get acquainted with the neighborhood, ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              Moving far? I like to get local field guides for plants, amphibians/reptiles, and fungi. Also animal footprints. Just to get acquainted with the neighborhood, ya know.
              Far side of the planet, squished between Italy and Croatia. I've been trying to dig out and read everything I can on the region (and even similar regions), but a lot of the detailed stuff is in Slovenian/Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian... Yep. I have some language courses ahead of me. ^^

Comment

Far side of the planet, squished between Italy and Croatia. I've been trying to dig out and read everything I can on the region (and even similar regions), but a lot of the detailed stuff is in Slovenian/Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian... Yep. I have some language courses ahead of me. ^^
                Interesting area! I'd add history books to my list if I were going there.

And a metal detector, I think.

Comment

Oh history books I have been obsessed with for the past several years, cultural, cuisine, folklore, and all things digging right down into the roots of Indo-European ways of being and progression. I really should have been a historian or something, but it will definitely be an interesting adventure regardless. ^^ I'll have to go on mountain hikes with my camera and see what kinds of little horticultural creatures I can find.

Comment

These are all so beautiful! I just want to nibble on them!
                    My Divination Shop

Comment

Working...
                    X