Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First shot at a spell - is this possible?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First shot at a spell - is this possible?

I appologize if this is the wrong place, please feel free to relocate if this isn't the right board for this thread c:

So... Honestly, I debated posting this all day, but now, after thinking about it, I've decided to post and see what other people think of a few things. I'm sorry if any of it seems obvious, it was my first shot at a spell/ritual sort of thing.

So, I basically just freestyled scratching a twig in a specific pattern I came up with(I also had a kind of blueprint idea from a recent dream and when I woke up had a good feeling about it), arranged some rocks and twigs in a very specific way to the plan. I had been aging some water outside for a few days(I wanted it to feel more natural to me and I felt the sky might provide it with special energy qualities for this, just on incstinct... it was a small amount, spread out; I'm honestly surprised it didn't evaporate). Found a tiny little twig that felt right to be the center, propped it up in the middle, did a few more things(trying to keep it short here cx ).

My intent was to summon a young or otherwise small and fairly harmless, atleast slightly helpful, spirit(I believe in many kinds, and have already seen plenty[including my mother's long dead cat, an albinistic cerberus, and a young seeming creature spirit of a type I'm unsure], so I don't doubt it as possible to summon as such), that would reside in the stick, and a sign it worked. So, I finished up the spell/ritual, and honestly, I thought I was going crazy at first. I look to see the stick decided to grow a tiny, flower like formation(out of a wood/pineconish material, not petals) "blooming" for a few seconds, and a tiny petal like formation started on the side. I did sense a presence from it too, and I've carried the twig in a tiny, protective box all day with me(although I don't hear anything, I feel like I can communicate with it? I'm usually very good at sensing things naturally).

I even showed the twig's shape to someone(without saying how it got like that), and they noticed right away(I wanted to make sure I wasn't just seeing things!)... But my question is, well, just... Is that known to be possible; 1- to alter minor physical things as such 2- is it really possibly a spirit in the stick? or is it more like a bonding item to a spirit? or is it possible I gave a bit of life and energy to the stick itself?

Just a bit confused(although today was really great for me after that, I noticed) and curious what other people think!

Re: First shot at a spell - is this possible?

I try to stay skeptical but open minded about my experiences like this. I have gone through possible ways a spirit could give confirmation they exist, and I think apart from appearing or doing something visible to more than one person at once to create confirmation, I don't think there is anything a spirit could do that couldn't be viewed as potentially just an individual having problems or imagining things. Which means for a lot of this stuff you'll have to get comfortable with a maybe for a lot of things in my experience unless you can find others who might be ready to witness spiritual events with you- but I also think once you start getting confirmation there are spirits it often creates more questions than answers. I once saved a cedar tree from being cut down and tried to make friends with the tree-- one day I had this sense to look down and there was a cedarberry with a heart on it under my tree friend!! No kidding!

Comment

Re: First shot at a spell - is this possible?

Experimenting with this sort of thing interests me. I don't know to what extent there are things you do and don't do, that seasoned pagans and witches might titter at. I can't believe a spell or magic is just a mathematical formula, that certain things need to be done in a certain way. I doubt spirits would appreciate being treated like chemicals in a lab, and assumed that they only answer if you do these certain things in an order. But how do I know whether a certain action means anything and whether I'd just be looking a fool doing random things purposelessly? How do you get inspiration to do certain things, and are there things that have historically been found to be appreciated by nature?
      I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
      Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
      But that day you know I left my money
      And I thought of you only
      All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Working...
      X