• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is Your Biggest Fear?

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"
    -FDR

Hello friends,
    I'm not sure if this has been posted before, so I do apologize if this thread is redundant. What is your greatest fear?

I don't fear many things. I love spiders, sharks are cool, death is inevitable, and snakes seem cuddly. I've come to the conclusion that what I fear in life the most is loneliness. This stems from a long history of being a misfit, but I've cleared that up awhile ago. But even after the many friends I have, and the wonderful significant other who brightens up my life, I fear that one day, I will wake up 40 years older with no one by my side, no one to talk to, and no one who cares.

What do you fear the most? Any phobias? Feel free to share.
    "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
    And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
    They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
    The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
    - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Re: What Is Your Biggest Fear?

For me, it's loneliness, losing the ones close to me. Plus I fear being helpless, or depending on everyone else.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Something happening to the kids or the hubby and going crazy or being stuck in my own mind with no means of communication
      “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
      ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
      ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

I can enter in panic state if a big butterfly or moth flies near me.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Ok God boy...My fear is not something that happens,it is fear that the person that is supposed to make sure stuff does not go wrong,is lazy,and lets the worst happen from not being on the ball with the safety..Like train operators not being fully engaged on the job,or also suicidal pilots in Europe...(wondering what set that fear for you Sean,I knew a girl that was deathly afraid of even small birds)

Humans be flawed because we be human....
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            Ok God boy...My fear is not something that happens,it is fear that the person that is supposed to make sure stuff does not go wrong,is lazy,and lets the worst happen from not being on the ball with the safety..Like train operators not being fully engaged on the job,or also suicidal pilots in Europe...
            And adding onto your list of fears, those nuclear coordinators who keep the large stockpile of Nuclear missiles from firing off in the United States. You should research the work it takes to keep the bombs stable. One small flaw, one human error, and we are all gone.
            As well, who were you referring to as "God Boy" I'd have you know, that's Mr. Sir Gods* Man* to you, sir.
            - Finn's Saga

Comment

Given that I have GAD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, you name it, I fear it... losing a pet or one of them getting hurt, home fires, vehicle problems, not enough money to get by, home repairs I can't make, aliens, bugs. Actually those last two creep me out more than scare me. I can hardly name everything that scares the bejeezus out of me.
              Last edited by Thorbjorn; 08 Jun 2015, 05:55. Reason: Some day I'll learn how to spell and type.
              śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
              śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

That's Sean,a god in the baking as he says...little inside joke....Check out his metal band BTW...
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  That's Sean,a god in the baking as he says...little inside joke....Check out his metal band BTW...
                  I have I have. Pretty good. Wish I could speak German.
                  - Finn's Saga

Comment

Why German?

Comment

Oh sorry. It's French isn't it
                      - Finn's Saga

Comment

I'm French, yeah, but I sing in English

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
                          I'm French, yeah, but I sing in English
                          Lol I sing both in English and Russian. Too bad Hebrew doesn't have any good songs. lmao
                          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

My biggest fear is that I will be unsuccessful by my own standards of what success entails, and therefore, my entire life, and the entirely of my experience on Earth will have been a waste. I consider myself thus far, unsuccessful.

Other fears/phobias:
                            - I greatly dislike spiders and scorpions (they give me the shivers)
                            - My animals growing old and dying, or getting lost and dying, or just dying. I cried on my cat's 5th birthday, because he was a whole fraction of his life (approximately 1/3)
                            - putting my head under water
                            - that my mom will never find happiness (she frequently tells me that she doesn't need to be happy. I disagree.)
                            “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

A world without pizza.
                              "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
                              ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                              X