This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings

I've been having a hard time finding fellow heathens. Most of the forums I've stumbled into all seem to have this underlying racism. I thought I would give this place a try!

Re: Greetings

Welcome to the forum!
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Welcome aboard.

Comment

I hate that neo-nazis/white supremacists have coopted nordic traditions. As someone whose ancestors were Norse, it really really pisses me off to see runes misused by people who deliberately pervert there meanings. Nevermind that the vikings sure loved them some race mixing! I met Asatruar and Heathens/Nordic Pagans who were unfortunately also part of what I derisively refer to as the Bolt Cult (Aryan Brotherhood) and they were total assholes. Also met an ex-AB guy who ditched the racism but was still a devoted Nordic Pagan, wore his Thor's Hammer everywhere, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
          Welcome aboard.
          Originally posted by anubisa View Post
          Welcome to the forum!
          Thank you.

Originally posted by Spiral Arms View Post
          I hate that neo-nazis/white supremacists have coopted nordic traditions. As someone whose ancestors were Norse, it really really pisses me off to see runes misused by people who deliberately pervert there meanings. Nevermind that the vikings sure loved them some race mixing! I met Asatruar and Heathens/Nordic Pagans who were unfortunately also part of what I derisively refer to as the Bolt Cult (Aryan Brotherhood) and they were total assholes. Also met an ex-AB guy who ditched the racism but was still a devoted Nordic Pagan, wore his Thor's Hammer everywhere, etc.
          Yes, I've had a very hard time finding a forum devoted to heathenism, that wasn't also "folkish" - which I think is a code-word for racist after my experience. A rose by any other name...

I've heard the call, and I want to know more about these rich traditions and commune with fellow heathens. The learning part has been fun, but not so much communion going on. I hope this place is the right fit!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Working...
            X