women's rights... what's that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

women's rights... what's that?

This isn't the first time House Republicans have tried to force their anti-woman agenda upon the residents of the District of Columbia either.

A friend just posted this on Facebook... what? Really? How is this even possible...? More importantly, is it true?
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Re: women's rights... what's that?

fuck these men. I bet they have all their wives and side hos on birth control. Seriously. Stop minding your nose up my uterus.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Well I can say they're huge fools and a-holes(I don't want to use worse terms, though I can)... Like Medusa said, they probably keep their own wives on birth control... -_-
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I'm just appaled that they have wives now...
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Freedom of Religion... Well, unless you are a minority religion, while many political figures follow the majority, and implement laws that showcase their religious beliefs even if you do not follow that religion or agree with its teachings. Sounds accurate. I mean, as you all know, "America was founded Under 'God' by Christians who would be ashamed of this country for losing its origins"
          No offense to any Chrisitians on this forum, at least you are civil human beings. I'm always disgusted when religion enters politics in some sly form or another.
          "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
          And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
          They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
          The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
          - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Oh boy, it's fun to get excited, isn't it?

Right up until you take a look at the two laws under discussion in the article and discover that the article it full of raw methane.

The D.C. Law, The Reproductive Health Non-Discrimination Amendment Act had been amended prior to voting to allow organizations to NOT provide contraception if against their religious beliefs.

The second law (H.S. Resolution 43), the one that - according to that nearly illegible article would allow women to be fired for using birth control - actually does exactly the opposite. It forces employers to cover birth control for their employees, even if it violated the employer's religious principles.

Don't believe everything you read. Sometimes people write shit.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Its called "Spin",though there is another name for it beginning with BS. War is peace,Day is night,hot is cold.....Step right up,the show is about to begin..one thin dime....step right up,step right up..
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                Oh boy, it's fun to get excited, isn't it?

Right up until you take a look at the two laws under discussion in the article and discover that the article it full of raw methane.

The D.C. Law, The Reproductive Health Non-Discrimination Amendment Act had been amended prior to voting to allow organizations to NOT provide contraception if against their religious beliefs.

The second law (H.S. Resolution 43), the one that - according to that nearly illegible article would allow women to be fired for using birth control - actually does exactly the opposite. It forces employers to cover birth control for their employees, even if it violated the employer's religious principles.

Don't believe everything you read. Sometimes people write shit.
                Not according to Congress's own website...

Here's HJ Resolution 43:

Passed House without amendment (04/30/2015)
                (This measure has not been amended since it was introduced. The summary of that version is repeated here.)
                Congress disapproves the action of the District of Columbia Council in approving the Reproductive Health Non-Discrimination Amendment Act of 2014 (D.C. Act 20-593), signed by the Mayor of the District on January 25, 2015, and transmitted on March 6, 2015, to Congress pursuant to the District of Columbia Home Rule Act.

D.C. Act 20-593:
                • amends the Human Rights Act of 1977 to protect individuals from discrimination by an employer, employment agency, or labor organization, based on an individual's or dependent's reproductive health decisions; and
                • defines reproductive health decisions to include a decision by an employee, his or her dependent, or the employee's spouse related to the use or intended use of a particular drug, device, or medical service, including the use or intended use of contraception or fertility control or the planned or intended initiation or termination of a pregnancy.

The DC act protects individuals from discrimination on the basis of reproductive health. The House resolution says they disapprove of the DC act. The insurance issue (imo, an unfortunate red herring that confuses the purpose of the bill) was added to pacify conservatives--they actually LOVE that part, they hate the part where you can't fire someone for getting knocked up or terminating the pregnancy or using the pill, which is why they passed this.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Oh... I see that you are right. I confused the bulleted items describing D.C. Act 20-593 with the summary of H.J. Resolution 43.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Now I can join in.

What a bunch of bastards!

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    Oh... I see that you are right. I confused the bulleted items describing D.C. Act 20-593 with the summary of H.J. Resolution 43.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Now I can join in.

What a bunch of bastards!

Lol, it was poorly constructed/formatted...I had to read it several times to be sure, and I was already familiar with the DC act, so I was confused at first.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

We'll know we are getting closer when all that is left to talk about is "human" rights.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
                        We'll know we are getting closer when all that is left to talk about is "human" rights.
                        humans already have rights...the problem is that they are ignored for certain subsets of the population
                        sigpic

Comment

Whether or not a person can be fired for using birth control or being pregnant is immaterial in a "right-to-work" or "at-will" situation, which is what all these pinheads are striving for.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                            Whether or not a person can be fired for using birth control or being pregnant is immaterial in a "right-to-work" or "at-will" situation, which is what all these pinheads are striving for.
                            I love it when they name things as the complete opposite of what they are.

Right to work.

Entitlements.

Pro-life.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                              I love it when they name things as the complete opposite of what they are.

Right to work.

Entitlements.

Pro-life.
                              I know, right? That's how they get the ignoranti to vote for it. A little marketing spin makes the world go 'round.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                              X