X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Meet!

Hey there!

My name's Nicole! I've been a practicing Pagan for something like 6 years now, and 2 years ago chose to follow a more Egyptian-flavored path. I've dabbled in Odinism, Celtic Wicca, and Druidism, and occasionally blend practices as the need strikes. I'm mainly a solitary practitioner, but I think that has a lot more to do with my location, rather than a conscious decision

I've been influenced greatly by Starhawk (I read and re-read the Spiral dance, well, religiously), erin Dragonsong and her Wicca Spirituality website, M. Isidora Forrest, and many more besides. My mother, with her religious tolerance, acceptance, and curiosity (she was a practicing Catholic when I came out of the broom closet), has helped me achieve a better place of understanding when talking about others' beliefs.

I guess I wanted to join the forum so that I could find other like-minded pagans, and feel a little bit less like I'm alone out here. I'm also trying to find others who practice an Egyptian-flavored form of Paganism, so that I can gather more rites, spells, practices, etc. to add into a personal encyclopedia of modern Egyptian paganism.

Um, other random information...
    Birthday: March 27th
    Sun Sign: Aries
    Moon Sign: Scorpio
    Rising: Leo
    Favorite Color: Red
    Preferred Deity Aspects: Isis, Osiris, Anubis, Nut, Geb, Thoth

I hope to learn a lot with everyone here!

Re: Merry Meet!

Woohoooo! Another fellow Kemetic!
    Welcome to our forum , Nicole. Feel yourself like at home.
    We have some Kemetics here too. Some are more active than others. Enjoy.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Another Egyptian! Cool! I'm an Egyptian Wiccan. Welcome to the forum!
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Hallo and welcome!!
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Gosh, it's like looking into the past! I had been pagan for about 6 years before settling on Egyptian deities (it was mainly Isis and Osirus for me, although I worshipped all the ennead. I have since changed in beliefs, but I still have a soft-spot for the neteru! Also, I'm a fan of Starhawk too, as well as Phyllis Curott and Francesca De Grandis (all 3 of whom were influenced by Victor Anderson, Gods rest him). If Anderson Feri traditions had more of a foothold here, I daresay I'd have sought initiation by now! I feel much more of a pull towards AF than say, British Traditional Wicca.

I swear I'm not usually this chatty in intro threads!

Anyway, welcome to the forum fellow traveller!
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Thank you everyone for your welcomes!

I'm so glad there are other people who have (or still do) work with the Egyptian deities!
            I hope I can learn something from all of you!

Comment

Working...
            X