X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The female identity in the bible.

I apologize for getting off topic like that I should have left my post as
    Originally posted by Marradin View Post
    Yes Arianism was a non-trinitarian sect/heresy. What that means is they viewed that God, Jesus and the holy spirit were one being, and many Arians extended this to god having only one manifestation, the male. This was the point I was trying to get to but seem to have been unclear about (don't know how people missed that point but hey I suppose 'Denigration of the female role' isn't as clear as 'Only one manifestation, the male'). If you cannot see how having an Arian dominated Patriarchal warrior society controlling Rome MAY have affected the early RCC then I'm not gonna try further - I don't like pounding my fist into brick walls anymore.

Also Saying the RCC NEVER followed an Arian interpretation because it isn't today is like saying the Eastern Orthodox church was NEVER Iconoclastic because it isn't today. Saying such Doesn't make it true. Organizations Change over time and both have been round for 1500+ years.

We could both be right in part. We could both be wrong. one of us could be right and the other wrong. I am giving you the interpretation I believe best fits the facts and accepted practices of the time from my studies and personal research.

Comment

Re: The female identity in the bible.

Originally posted by Marradin View Post
      I apologize for getting off topic like that I should have left my post as
      Thank you for the apology. I'll pm you later on

Thanks Thal for the link to desert mothers!! I'm part way through reading it.

Comment

Working...
      X