This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! New to posting.

I have been having quite an intense spiritual journey! I am looking to find people I can relate to and feel safe with to share experiences and wonder about the spiritual realms/beings/etc. For myself, I started first with a very devoted grounding in compassion for all beings when possible- with respect for the complexity of worlds where this is limitation and scarcity and the needs of various types of beings may be competing. I feel like because my experiences have been so intense, I would really like to meet others who are grounded in compassion- but given that word itself can have a lot of variance and subjectivity- I guess I am hoping to find others that share very high emphasis on empathy and service toward humans, with a focus on family loved ones and self first, then moving out to the larger community and the world. I have taken great lengths to not stray too far on either side of serving "the whole" vs "the individual"... either direction can justify a lot of cruelty. I think a lot about these sorts of things and I am wondering what branches of paganism, spiritual practice have heavy emphasis on compassion.

In my experience I started with working on healing my body and began seeing parallels with healing the body, the spiritual consciousness with in the body- and healing the larger body of human society and the forces within it that are failing or harming specific members and branches of our human communities. There is so much I could say and share but I'll try to start here- if it's ok I may use this area for a bit to ask numerous different questions rather than ask a lot of questions at once.

I went to a pagan meetup in my area and felt like there was not a lot that united us-- my bent is seeking a foundation of compassion, services and the knowledge of how to use power for good long before delving into actual powers or forces within the self or interacting with powerful beings. I know not everyone shares this bent, which is fine for a discussion forum like, but I guess I'm curious if any of you have my bent, or similarly your own personal inner compass that leads you to want to be careful and judicious about which people you're going to open up with and practice with-- how do you find kindred spirits? Do you just hang in general pagan communities and slowly find a few you relate to? Again... any specific branches that might give me a better chance of finding people with strong values of a similar nature would help a lot! Thanks everyone, I've read here a bit and hope to have some good conversations.

Re: Hello! New to posting.

I usually just do like you said, hang in different communities, and all types of new bonds form unexpectedly... As for compassion work, even if they aren't pagan I find that the best kinds of people who are into that are those who work in animal shelters, especially as volunteers. People who have compassion for little animals tend to have it more in general
    My Divination Shop

Comment

Thanks for your response!! I think it will help a lot just to chat with people on the internet even it's harder to find a real life group.

Comment

You're welcome! And yea I know what you mean. Believe it or not, I'm extremely shy in real life and hardly speak. As for finding a group, it depends, I mean some places you gotta be discrete, if you're around too much close minded people
        My Divination Shop

Comment

Originally posted by Domtar View Post
          I guess I am hoping to find others that share very high emphasis on empathy and service toward humans, with a focus on family loved ones and self first, then moving out to the larger community and the world.
          Hi! **waves madly, smiles broadly**

In my experience I started with working on healing my body and began seeing parallels with healing the body, the spiritual consciousness with in the body- and healing the larger body of human society and the forces within it that are failing or harming specific members and branches of our human communities.
          That is fascinating.

I went to a pagan meetup in my area and felt like there was not a lot that united us-- my bent is seeking a foundation of compassion, services and the knowledge of how to use power for good long before delving into actual powers or forces within the self or interacting with powerful beings. I know not everyone shares this bent, which is fine for a discussion forum like, but I guess I'm curious if any of you have my bent, or similarly your own personal inner compass that leads you to want to be careful and judicious about which people you're going to open up with and practice with-- how do you find kindred spirits? Do you just hang in general pagan communities and slowly find a few you relate to? Again... any specific branches that might give me a better chance of finding people with strong values of a similar nature would help a lot! Thanks everyone, I've read here a bit and hope to have some good conversations.
          I really don't know of any branches like you've mentioned, but I think how the pagan faith plays out in an individual's life is very unique. So I think what you want is to identify people and not a specific branch.

Every time I go to share my faith with someone, I'm always reminded of these analogies:
          The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in the field, which a man found and hid again; and from joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking fine pearls, and upon finding one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that he had and bought it.
          The development and value of my faith is something no one can understand in full but me.
          This one is especially true of the internet:
          Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces. (Matthew 13:45)
          I find people who talk about what I want to learn about and ask them my questions. If they are receptive, I open up about my own experiences. I try to listen more than I speak. But sometimes I am so excited to find people who will talk to me, I get loud. Oops.

Comment

Working...
          X