This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Hello There Peoples!

Greetings are always awkward regardless if they are done in person or even over a forum. It tends to be the beginning phase, for some, to start the basic routine of judging a person based on their acquired usage of language, typing skills or lack thereof or just the simple expose' of what is written. While for others it is the time to start asking tons of questions about who the person is, where they live, what they have practiced, if they are married, what pets do they have, what is their sign, if they are solitary, what they can teach me, etc.etc. the questions can drag on, and on, and on until the Nile itself changes river paths that run uphill! And then there is the awkward silence of no one posting a damn thing after you poured out a personal diary selection about your life, yet not a single comment; the silence is even more deafening than the ticking-of-the-toc wall clock that to this day still hangs in your Grandmother's home for which the ticking and the tocking will never leave your mind even after you have last visited her home years ago. "If only someone would post!" you exclaim to your pet goldfish Ruby, "my life would have meaning!" or something to that effect. In any case, no posts to an introduction thread is bad mojo.

But I must cave in, submit to the peer pressure of what so many others before me have burdensomely crucified their characters for, and simply post my introduction.
    Here goes.

Hi! I am Anton. I am more Eclectic than anything. When asked on the signup section what religion I am/practice/worship I had a huge blank stare emanating from my mind's eye, as I had no solid answer to just what it is I believe. Being Eclectic in many areas of my life, I tend to make that claim, but as far as practices go, I am definitely associated with Peter Carroll and Phil Hine along with much credit to Stephen Mace for all the influences on tapping into the Aether. As far as a Pantheon goes, much love for Eris who is a Primordial, yet also associate strongly with Kit'chi Manitou of my Mother's heritage and 'Ilu and Athirat'u(much kudos for Tess Dawson opening up the Ugaritic Polytheistic Paths for those of the Canaanite persuasion) of my Father's. I also have a passion for Tibetan Buddhism and Rinzai Zen Buddhism, as Koans have taught me more of interpersonal struggles and the aim to clear strife from life. I could go on. But-

In other words, I am a middle-aged Eclectic, Chaote, Qadishu, Mide', Discordian Buddhist and a Capricorn/Water Rat(Chinese). In the end, I am simply an Eclectic.
    Namaste/Alvida!
    There is beauty in darkness for those who dare enter the shadows to embrace it. - John Coughlin

Re: Well, Hello There Peoples!

Welcome to the forums!
    "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

Re: Well, Hello There Peoples!

Welcome to the forum!
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
      X