Send V some love!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send V some love!

The title is still a work in progress and recommendations are welcome. However, I wanted to get this topic going sooner than later (I already took longer than I originally wanted to, to make it this far). As some of you may have already seen, our of our own is in need of some help to get by and make ends meet to pay the bills and keep food on the table and in her belly. I am - of course - talking about Volcaniclastic. She has been a GM here for quite some time now and a member for even longer and it absolutely breaks my heart to see her in a situation where she's struggling to make ends meet.

We have had several of these events in the past. The most recent ones were to assist Chain's family in paying some of his funeral costs. Another was helping SeanRave when he was in a similar situation as V, and needed some financial assistance to keep going until he found a job. Both occasions were a beautiful reminder of how generous and compassionate our community here is.

I wanted to make clear that Volcaniclastic has not asked for this but I would like to open the door to an opportunity for people to help a girl out. So, for the next few weeks, I will take any donations that we receive (via the Donations button) and give every last penny to V. All donations will be completely anonymous from all parties, with the exception of the Admin team. Not even the GM's will know who donated and what amount they donated.

Reminder: Anyone who donates will also receive the nifty purple name tag with a few perks such as their own forum blog, @paganforum.com email (by request), customizeable user title, bigger avatars, and more PM inbox space.

Thank you all for your time and feel free to ask me any questions you may have about this.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Re: Send V some love!

Even though I am new on these forums, and short on the green myself, and even if I did have some, paypal is being a douche and blocked my main account... For some odd reasoning, beyond my comprehension.

I'd just like to take a moment to state, that I indirectly, but on a very personal level know what it's like to try and make ends meet. When my father died, my mom got a depth, so it was harsh for her and me at the time.

Anyways:

Volcaniclastic, I am wishing you all the the best in these harsh times. As I read this post, and several other posts already, I know you're loved on here.

I will include you in my prayer in a few minutes before going to bed, may you find a bit of luck and a pot of gold somewhere behind the rainbows after the rain clears.

Blessed Be

Comment

I wish I had spare finances right now, but everything I had/have/will have is tied up with our pending move.

But you'll definitely be in my thoughts V (and have been for awhile now), and I'll be lighting a candle (or several) for you to help you get through this tough time as easily and pain-free as possible.

Comment

Those of you who know me, will know that I am not anything, if not intensely proud, and stubborn. I will kick a gift-horse in the mouth, if it means upholding my dignity and pride.

It is with great difficulty that I accept the existence of this offer. It is with great humility that I accept the existence of this thread. I am going through a hard time, and even so, it is harder still to accept help.

Take this not as belittlement, but as fact.

The simple fact that I can swallow my pride and accept this shows you guys how much I love you. I couldn't do it for someone less.

Thank you. Thank you deeply and truly.

Mostly art.

Comment

*hugs*

I'm rooting for something coming your way V!

And in the mean time, we'll do what we can.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately, I can't help by sending money. However I'm sure everything will turn out well for you, V! -hugs-
            I wish I could send some money for you, though.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Sorry this is a little delayed. I just really wanted to thank everyone that donated a little money, as it helped me pass some bills automatically without bouncing.

I found a job last week, and had my first shift last night. It's only casual for the summer, (before hopefully becoming full-time in the fall), but for this month, I'm only going to work a day or two here and there to be trained, and it won't be enough to pay rent at the end of the month. I'm trying to sell some things on the buy and sell, and I'm hoping my partner will help me put some other things up on eBay, but otherwise, I don't know how to scrounge up the rest by the end of the month.

Does anyone have any tips for fast cash?

Mostly art.

Comment

I don't have any tips for fast cash, but I suggest leaving a small amount of money every some time, just in case, when everything becomes stable with the job.
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Do you have any skills that you could apply to online work? There are always loads of jobs up on Elance, and you usually get paid pretty quickly. You can just look for a project that pays weekly or something like that.

Comment

I've never really been able to scrounge up needed cash in a hurry, but I've brainstormed a lot of options over the years (most of which involve some form of learned and developed skill).

Any skill you have that could potentially be marketed. Arts, selling art pieces you already have, babysitting gigs or nannying, lawn mowing, gutter-cleaning.

I don't know your skill set or your job market out there, but it's all about being flexible and staying positive and downright stubborn.

I'm happy to hear you found some work, even if it's not enough pay for right now it's still better than no pay. I'll be thinking positive thoughts for it becoming full time in the fall and that you find something now to close the financial gap to pay your bills.

Comment

Here, the go to quick cash job that noone wants and is therefor always available is telemarketing. It sucks, but it's money. Babysitting, dogsitting? Offer help with housework to elderly in your area? Paper routes (if you have that there)? And as the others said, any skill can be a potential income.
                      You remind me of the babe
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Dog walking might actually be a good one for you, V. I bet there are some people up there who work long hours in their resource industry jobs and would love someone to take their dog out for a walk!

Comment

Working...
                        X