Someone Called Me An Aqua?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone Called Me An Aqua?

So, a good friend of mine, who is a Pagan high priest, said I was an aqua, to put that gift to good use, and then said I'd been his aqua for a very long time.

I haven't the foggiest idea what that even means. Ideas, anyone? Google was no help whatsoever.

Re: Someone Called Me An Aqua?

Maybe they meant a water sign as in the zodiac? Water sign people tend to be tied to their emotions and the undercurrent of emotions.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

That's the confusing bit: I'm a Taurus!

Comment

Well... Maybe it's the element that moves you?
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Maybe he doesn't know as much as you think... or as he thinks! Not a term I have heard outside of zodiac signs.
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

My thought is to come right out and ask him what he means. I agree, that the term is rather vague.

Comment

Never heard of it.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

I've never heard of this either. But this line:

Originally posted by MoonDrowess View Post
                .... and then said I'd been his aqua for a very long time.
                Sends up a serious red flag for me. It's not uncommon for people who assume authority positions (whatever authority that may be) to claim some sort of power/control/ownership over someone who is still learning and uses those tools to manipulate someone else. For whatever their intentions may be.

If he's a good friend of yours, it shouldn't be a big deal to ask him to elaborate on his definition and meaning. I don't know your relationship or the context of the conversation, so I can't say for sure what was meant by it or if there are any underlying intentions behind it.

And I'm a bit paranoid to begin with anyway. Just my two cents.

Comment

That line sent up red flags for me, too... but for different reasons. He'll try anything to get me to stay longer when I visit. Also, I'm empathic, and I felt so much pain in him after I left last time. A Native friend of mine who has her own gifts kept seeing the word "envy" around him.

Comment

In that case I would say trust your instincts and take that claim with a (huge) grain of salt. Better to be safe than sorry.

Comment

All that comes to mind for me is the saying,"She is a tall drink of water"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...drink+of+water

- - - Updated - - -

But what do I know,I am older than dirt.
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm interested in what he says that means. If he answers you, would you mind sharing? I've never heard of Aqua people before. Is it like a type of Indigo child, maybe? Or another term for muse?

Piqued my interest.

I feel like you might want to double up on any energetic shielding you do. "Envy" and pain are definitely feelings you don't want to take into yourself, especially if they're coming from another person.

Lastly, I'm actually genuinely curious about this as well... Is there such a thing as Low Priest? Medium Priest? Priest? Because I hear about people being High Priests or Priestesses but never anything in between.
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                          Lastly, I'm actually genuinely curious about this as well... Is there such a thing as Low Priest? Medium Priest? Priest? Because I hear about people being High Priests or Priestesses but never anything in between.
                          Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one to wonder about that. I called someone an Ersatz Priest once and he was incredibly flattered
                          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                            I
                            Usually it is used to represent (if someone is in a degreed tradition) that they are Third Degree (out of 3), or that they are the head of the group in which everyone one that is initiates is considered a priest/priestess. Mostly, its a Wiccan thing, though maybe some other traditions use it. You can't really be a Pagan HP though, because the only place your position like that is "good" is in your own tradition or group, and there is no single Pagan tradition, if you get where I'm goign with this.

Often people will call themselves an HP or HPS without being of....or will call themselves one as if it means anything outside their group. Its sort of like being a teacher or a nurse or lawyer---in your state you are credentialed, but that doesn't mean you can go to another stste and start working if they don't recognize your licensure licensure. Or like being a Catholic ddiocesan priest vs a Methodist pastor vs a self-proclaimed livingroom "church" minister minister--the first two have degrees in theology and training in counselling...the third may have these things, but usually not. If the first two go to other congregations in their tradition, they can do their thing there, but if they go to each others churches they'd be respected bunt not allowed to give communion. The thrif thrid guy though only has a position that means something in his own church.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X