Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All things happen for a reason?

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
    I don't have any strong objections (not to say I agree, just don't have a strong disagreement) to, "everything happens for a reason."

I have issues with "everything happens for a reason that has any relevance to my life."

Lots of things are happening at any given moment. Any number might impact you but aren't themselves in any way connected to whatever is going on in your life. You just have the luck (sometimes good, sometimes bad) to get caught in the ripples.
    Luck is another thing I've been thinking about, but I'll save that for another... month.

I can understand, and respect, that logic. In the big picture point of view it does make sense.

Comment

I've always believed all life is part of a tapestry of sorts. Each person is a stitch, some are bigger, some are smaller, some start new patterns, but there's some huge rhyme & reason behind it all, some much larger pattern that we can't see.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
        I don't have any strong objections (not to say I agree, just don't have a strong disagreement) to, "everything happens for a reason."

I have issues with "everything happens for a reason that has any relevance to my life."

Lots of things are happening at any given moment. Any number might impact you but aren't themselves in any way connected to whatever is going on in your life. You just have the luck (sometimes good, sometimes bad) to get caught in the ripples.
        For example, I had the luck to steal some ingredients from your pizza factory.

Jokes aside! You're right here in some way. I believe things are in the hands of the Netjeru, however we - humans have an impact on the flow of events as well in a small way.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
          I've always believed all life is part of a tapestry of sorts. Each person is a stitch, some are bigger, some are smaller, some start new patterns, but there's some huge rhyme & reason behind it all, some much larger pattern that we can't see.
          I like the imagery.

This is why I asked the question here. So many people here are such deep thinkers.

Comment

luck=stochasticity in your favor
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              luck=stochasticity in your favor
              I won't lie, I had to click on the link to identify that word. =P

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                I won't lie, I had to click on the link to identify that word. =P
                Lol...most people would, I think! Its a common theme in biology though...I think every class I've had that talks about evolution from ecology to genetics to developmental biology spends at least a lecture or two talking about how stochastic principles change things up. One of my profs used to say "getting lucky is nothing but a stochastic event that you like" when he got to that point in his classes.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

I might add the saying that was big I think back in the 90's,or 80's not sure,and also popped up in "Forest Gump" and that was the one that got to be a bumper sticker "Sh*t happens"

Kinda sums up the nature of life, It happens...

to sum this up.

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    Lol...most people would, I think! Its a common theme in biology though...I think every class I've had that talks about evolution from ecology to genetics to developmental biology spends at least a lecture or two talking about how stochastic principles change things up. One of my profs used to say "getting lucky is nothing but a stochastic event that you like" when he got to that point in his classes.
                    Hmm I wonder why it never came up when I was studying biology. Oh well, now I've heard of it!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    I might add the saying that was big I think back in the 90's,or 80's not sure,and also popped up in "Forest Gump" and that was the one that got to be a bumper sticker "Sh*t happens"

Kinda sums up the nature of life, It happens...

to sum this up.
                    I'm kind of digging the last one.

Comment

Working...
                    X