Citizenship test for 'Merica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citizenship test for 'Merica

See if you have the brain power to become a citizen of this great nation*...

Take The Citizenship Test For 'Merica

* Note to our furrin friends: Unlike the goofs in the comment section, please don't take this seriously. We Americans love to laugh at ourselves because we are fearless, and comedy don't mean shit, other than "hahaha."
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Citizenship test for 'Merica

Pass me that brew(And BTW PBR is not the worst beer,brown derby is)

http://macmedadestruction.com/brown-...ndansea-sunset

Yeh Brown Derby for the win.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

No, it's either Gobels or Falstaff.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Beer wars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Hah I really did think McDonald's would be on the food pyramid though.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
            Hah I really did think McDonald's would be on the food pyramid though.
            That would only be for healthy eating fanatics, 'cause there be plant junk on the burgers.

Comment

I was born July 4rh. That's an automatic exemption from takimg this teat

Comment

4. What is 'Merica's number one export?

Correct Answer: Sleeves
                Hah! Classic Rando!

Comment

This, America, is why the other countries are laughing at us. Either laughing at us or shaking their heads at us, especially the South. Then again, the South might as well be another country, considering how crazy some of them seem to be. Yay for 'Murica! Land of the free and home of crazy people with guns!
                  Last edited by Gas Mask; 07 Jul 2015, 19:29.
                  "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

I would hedge a bet and say that every country has at least some crazy going on. :P

Comment

As far as international perception goes, I guess I could probably pass as not being American whatsoever, then. If I had to choose a beer to stick with (and money wasn't an issue) it'd probably be Kilt Lifter, I know a thing or two about US history, I own a gun and have been around guns for much of my life but with zero danger of becoming a mass murder like almost all gun owners just out of necessity must be, I'm not chronically overweight...though I have gained some...I don't watch or follow American football, baseball, or basketball (not really any sports), I...

...think you get the idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Gas Mask View Post
                      home of crazy people with guns!
                      I think there are one or two places in the middle east which would give that title a marathon-sized run for its money.

Comment

These citizenship tests are hilarious... we have them in the UK, but to be honest, even when they are serious, what do they mean? I have an Indian (now British Citizen) son-in-law who knows a hell of a lot more about the UK, its history, culture and traditions than many indigenous Britons. And so does his ten year old nephew (still living in India, though he writes and talks like a twenty year old, his English is impeccable.)

I'm not sure how anyone can judge what citizenship is - or should be.
                        Fun link, though
                        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                          These citizenship tests are hilarious... we have them in the UK, but to be honest, even when they are serious, what do they mean? I have an Indian (now British Citizen) son-in-law who knows a hell of a lot more about the UK, its history, culture and traditions than many indigenous Britons. And so does his ten year old nephew (still living in India, though he writes and talks like a twenty year old, his English is impeccable.)

I'm not sure how anyone can judge what citizenship is - or should be.
                          Fun link, though
                          I know what you mean. It's horrifyingly hilarious in youtube comments or forum posts for instance when people whose first language isn't English do a hell of a lot better speaking/writing than 'indigenous' English speakers.

Also I was listening to a man-on-the-street type thing, and the question was about the 4th of July. They would ask first "what are we celebrating today?" and of course everyone was like "Independence Day." Obviously. But then almost everyone he asked, had no clue how, why, or from who their country gained independence from! Except some guy visiting from Europe; he knew all the history. So sad, it makes me very embarrassed as an American. One person was like "when we gained independence, by invading the South in the Civil War." I'm just like O.O how does that make any logical sense?!

So on 4th of July, in honor of other answers as well, I texted my cousins and was like "Happy 4th of July, the day we gained independence by invading the South during the Civil War where Abraham Lincoln forged the United States in 1964."

And of course, one might be like "the man on the street just chose the most idiotic looking people he could find," as if it at all negates that THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO GAVE THESE ANSWERS--THEY EXIST!

But I know it's not exclusive to us. I saw something about a Belgian who thought that WWI was 2004-2008. It was really hilarious when a meme-maker put a photo of WWI soldiers in a trench with the caption "2004-2008 Never Forget" LOL

Comment

Ugh, according to that test, I don't really pass as American. But I know what mudding is! Altho it took me more than one video to figure out what it's about tho. Does that give me chance for citizenship in Texas?

I'd love to visit USA some day, it's on top of my list of countries to visit. I'd probably like to live there for a year or something to get to know the place and people.

Comment

Oh crap. People are taking it seriously.

Shouldda (actually did) known better...

Comment

Working...
                              X