Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wishcraft aka Intention-IT WORKS!!

Jun 2015
    Religion
    Nature Lover, Skeptically Naturalistic Pantheist with strong Buddhist influence
    Phrase
    Hail Sagan!

Wishcraft aka Intention-IT WORKS!!

So one main aspect of my practice is using intention to hack reality, kinda chaos magick-ish I guess.

A real life example of it working for me:

I've been getting crappy hours at my job-my boss is cool but the pay is low and I took the job because they'd work with my school hours (nontraditional student going back to get my paralegal certificate)and I was only working 3 days a week, mainly weekends, and my boss had said business was just too slow. I've been frustrated about this so I put the intention out to the universe (I use specific words, "It is my intention to (insert intention here). So may it be!" and end with "Thank You". I usually try to do this 2x a day at 11:11)for 3 days and on the 4th day (yesterday)my boss says to me "we're getting a lot of business, can you work everyday in the afternoon?" and I was like "YES!". I had specifically set the intention for "more hours at work" and that is EXACTLY what I got. I've had my intention workings produce results before but never quite this quick! Intention is some powerful stuff. Wow.

Mar 2012
    Religion
    Theistic Satanism
    Phrase
    Strength in Will, peace in well-being.

Re: Wishcraft aka Intention-IT WORKS!!

So uh... Intention is a pretty interesting thing, magic-wise, as it is the only thing that can define the effect of your magical working/spell.

But was there anything specific you wanted to discuss about it? Or is it just a post to share similar experiences?

Affirmations are one effective method of practising magic for daily-life enhancement.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Jun 2015
    Religion
    Phrase
    Hail Sagan!

I'm just wondering if anybody has any similar practices focused on affirmations or setting specific intentions, and if they get results.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Shamanist Witch with heady Celtic notes and a faint wiccan bouquet

I can't imagine magic without intent. That would be like.. trying to get drunk on non-alcoholic wine. My path is very much about interacting with the spiritual energy that is in everything, and that means that my 'magic' is more like directing the will via visualisation, and of course, intention is a vital part of this process.

What you're describing sounds a little bit like cosmic ordering. I guess cosmic ordering works on similar principles to magic though. It's not a method I use myself, but a girl I used to work with got a horse through cosmic ordering, so I'm quite impressed by it. Of course, she already had the means and knowledge to care for a horse, but she specifically wanted a Tennessee walking horse, which are hard to come by in the UK so usually pretty expensive. She read an article about CO so gave it a go and less than a week later, a friend she hadn't heard from for a little while got in touch to ask if she or any of her horsey friends would be willing to take on a horse with back problems. She didn't think many people would take on a horse that required veterinary care, but she asked for details in case she could find someone willing. The horse just so happened to be a Tennessee walking horse, and as she was going for free, my colleague agreed to have her. She has probably spent way more on that horse than it would have cost for a healthy walking horse, but few people would have taken her on with her problems, so she's glad she took her on. Pepper, as she is now known, is fully sound now, and my colleague is currently training to teach Western style riding. It's not a popular style here, so trainers are very rare. So I don't think CO exactly helped my colleague, who was seriously out of pocket from the experience, but it just might have given Pepper a quality of life she would never have otherwise had. It's a nice little story if nothing else.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Jul 2013
    Religion
    Kemetic reconstructionist, I guess... Solitary. devotee of Djehuty and Bast
    Phrase
    Rawr

Intention is all it takes... The rest will come by itself.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Jul 2015
    Religion
    Lokean

I am a big user of energy, intention and the law of attraction. I'm not a user of tools or a performer of spells and rituals as such, I never felt comfortable doing them in my early days on this path and I never grew to like them. Once I found out how to use the energy of the universe, I found my path :-) Nice to find others who work the same way!

Jun 2015
    Religion
    Phrase
    Hail Sagan!

Yeah I can't claim to tell you HOW it works, just that it does. And of course I could be wrong, and it could have just been good timing, but considering it was something that was unlikely to happen because of anything I did one way or another and over which I had little to no influence (sales and how busy we are determine my hours, generally, it being a retail environment), and previously I'd been told it wasn't in the cards, I am kinda impressed.

Jul 2015
    Religion
    Lokean

All that matters is that you believe it :-) I always say about peoples faiths and beliefs, if it works for you and gives you confidence and comfort then do it with all your heart :-)

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

I've been intenting my ass off to get Wolverine in my bed.

I'm not good at this.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Shamanist Witch with heady Celtic notes and a faint wiccan bouquet

Quote Originally Posted by Eira View Post
    All that matters is that you believe it :-) I always say about peoples faiths and beliefs, if it works for you and gives you confidence and comfort then do it with all your heart :-)
    I think this is definitely true! I use various positive thinking/mindfulness techniques because I'd developed high anxiety. I was doing the thing where you imagine your day going well before getting out of bed. It didn't seem to be working, so I wrote it off as a pointless exercise. Then I started to work with a specific visualisation, and also want to improve my concentration. I decided to set up a mediation space in the bay windows in the bedroom, so I could spend a little time meditating each day, combining meditation to improve my concentration, with the inner flame visualisation. I've only been doing this for about a week, and 2 days ago, I had the idea to include that visualisation of my day going well during this meditation session. I know that when I'm in bed, my ability to concentrate isn't good enough to focus on visualising, so I thought maybe that's why it hadn't worked the way it's meant to. Actually getting up and sitting to meditate makes it much easier to focus.

I must say that yesterday in particular, I really noticed a difference in how I view things that happen. I had gone out to Whitely Bay to buy clothes, 5kg hand weights and other bits and bobs for JP for his birthday. I couldn't find any clothes he'd like, the weights were the wrong style and quite a lot more expensive than I was hoping, and they were too heavy to carry home anyway. It rained and I didn't have an umbrella. My mum and I had missed the bus so had to wait 20 minutes for the next one. My toes were sore from so much walking in high heels (I'm short.. I never wear flats!). Then that evening, we had planned to celebrate JP's birthday, but he came home in a low mood and didn't want to celebrate, despite me buying him food he loves for his dinner and having the room all set up and ready for an evening of fun.

Yet I didn't dwell on any of these things. What I focused more on was the way the guy in Subway was so efficient and kind to me, suggesting I take the salad in a separate box so I could grill JP's sandwich when he gets home from work, putting the salad on afterwards (and he filled the box so high, I was able to make myself a salad sandwich too), or the fact I found a clothes shop that uses UK factories instead of horrible sweatshops overseas, yet doesn't cost the earth. I was so pleased that Holland Barrett gave me a voucher for 50% off anything in store. So I can get JP's build up shake for half price. In fact, when I couldn't find the right weights, I instead discovered the fitness store had an offer on their protein shakes and creatine powder. I got large tubs of both for just £20 together instead of the £50+ they usually cost. Then there was the little things, like the lovely butterfly I saw on my way to my mums.. Even the fact that despite JP's low mood, I was able to cheer him up before the night was out, just seemed really special. I fell asleep feeling so positive.

Nothing really magical or unusual had actually happened, but my perception of events was altered. So I think it definitely pays to be positive, whether or not it changes the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I've been intenting my ass off to get Wolverine in my bed.

I'm not good at this.
    See.. this is where an active and vivid imagination pays off. The fun I had with Yoshimitsu from Tekken back when I was a fangirl... That brute of a zombie space ninja cyborg... nanu nanu nanu....
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?