Wishcraft aka Intention-IT WORKS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wishcraft aka Intention-IT WORKS!!

So one main aspect of my practice is using intention to hack reality, kinda chaos magick-ish I guess.

A real life example of it working for me:

I've been getting crappy hours at my job-my boss is cool but the pay is low and I took the job because they'd work with my school hours (nontraditional student going back to get my paralegal certificate)and I was only working 3 days a week, mainly weekends, and my boss had said business was just too slow. I've been frustrated about this so I put the intention out to the universe (I use specific words, "It is my intention to (insert intention here). So may it be!" and end with "Thank You". I usually try to do this 2x a day at 11:11)for 3 days and on the 4th day (yesterday)my boss says to me "we're getting a lot of business, can you work everyday in the afternoon?" and I was like "YES!". I had specifically set the intention for "more hours at work" and that is EXACTLY what I got. I've had my intention workings produce results before but never quite this quick! Intention is some powerful stuff. Wow.

Re: Wishcraft aka Intention-IT WORKS!!

So uh... Intention is a pretty interesting thing, magic-wise, as it is the only thing that can define the effect of your magical working/spell.

But was there anything specific you wanted to discuss about it? Or is it just a post to share similar experiences?

Affirmations are one effective method of practising magic for daily-life enhancement.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I'm just wondering if anybody has any similar practices focused on affirmations or setting specific intentions, and if they get results.

Comment

I can't imagine magic without intent. That would be like.. trying to get drunk on non-alcoholic wine. My path is very much about interacting with the spiritual energy that is in everything, and that means that my 'magic' is more like directing the will via visualisation, and of course, intention is a vital part of this process.

What you're describing sounds a little bit like cosmic ordering. I guess cosmic ordering works on similar principles to magic though. It's not a method I use myself, but a girl I used to work with got a horse through cosmic ordering, so I'm quite impressed by it. Of course, she already had the means and knowledge to care for a horse, but she specifically wanted a Tennessee walking horse, which are hard to come by in the UK so usually pretty expensive. She read an article about CO so gave it a go and less than a week later, a friend she hadn't heard from for a little while got in touch to ask if she or any of her horsey friends would be willing to take on a horse with back problems. She didn't think many people would take on a horse that required veterinary care, but she asked for details in case she could find someone willing. The horse just so happened to be a Tennessee walking horse, and as she was going for free, my colleague agreed to have her. She has probably spent way more on that horse than it would have cost for a healthy walking horse, but few people would have taken her on with her problems, so she's glad she took her on. Pepper, as she is now known, is fully sound now, and my colleague is currently training to teach Western style riding. It's not a popular style here, so trainers are very rare. So I don't think CO exactly helped my colleague, who was seriously out of pocket from the experience, but it just might have given Pepper a quality of life she would never have otherwise had. It's a nice little story if nothing else.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Intention is all it takes... The rest will come by itself.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I am a big user of energy, intention and the law of attraction. I'm not a user of tools or a performer of spells and rituals as such, I never felt comfortable doing them in my early days on this path and I never grew to like them. Once I found out how to use the energy of the universe, I found my path :-) Nice to find others who work the same way!

Comment

Yeah I can't claim to tell you HOW it works, just that it does. And of course I could be wrong, and it could have just been good timing, but considering it was something that was unlikely to happen because of anything I did one way or another and over which I had little to no influence (sales and how busy we are determine my hours, generally, it being a retail environment), and previously I'd been told it wasn't in the cards, I am kinda impressed.

Comment

All that matters is that you believe it :-) I always say about peoples faiths and beliefs, if it works for you and gives you confidence and comfort then do it with all your heart :-)

Comment

I've been intenting my ass off to get Wolverine in my bed.

I'm not good at this.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Eira View Post
                    All that matters is that you believe it :-) I always say about peoples faiths and beliefs, if it works for you and gives you confidence and comfort then do it with all your heart :-)
                    - - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Medusa View Post

I'm not good at this.
                    See.. this is where an active and vivid imagination pays off. The fun I had with Yoshimitsu from Tekken back when I was a fangirl... That brute of a zombie space ninja cyborg... nanu nanu nanu....
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post

I'm not good at this.
                      Last time a Marvel reality had direct access to this one, Doctor Strange attempted to interfere with my pizza acquisition. I shut the gates rather thoroughly to avoid a repeat of that discussion, sorry.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I've found that intention is only enough if you actually do the work.

Otherwise, its like that ambition I had to be an ice skater.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

This was actually one of the first things I'd learned. I was in a relationship with an evasive kind of guy, so each night I'd focus on how much I wanted him to make eye contact, or put his arm around me, or tell me I was pretty. I had a brooch he'd given me, and fueled by sheer desperation and the insanity that can only be brought about by the throes of first love, I'd managed to channel that intent into the brooch. After about 6 months, I actually got pretty good at it, until I asked for too much. Then it was kind of a 22-bust sort of deal, and we broke up.

Comment

And then yesterday my boss gave me even more weekend hours! And he said it will probably be a regular thing. Pre-intention focusing-I had 14 hours a week, post intention, 30 hours a week. with no conflicts with my school schedule. And business just picked up so much we've had to call extra people in! Funny how that all played out. Especially since I'd stopped asking for more hours over a month ago, and had not asked very firmly as I didn't want him to get pissed at me-I need this job, petty though that sounds.

Comment

Or maybe you were just subconsciously motivated to do a better job and synchronicity worked in your favor this time.

Look....I beleive in magical thinking, and I'm fairly good at it. But. I'm also a scientist. Selection bias and thee human brain's ability to remember things correctly being what they are, I have some very real issues with the reality of being abole to get what you want bay wanting it enough and being pure of intention, blah blah blah.

If that were the case, millions of people in this world would not be starving, in poverty, getting bombed, or murdered. Its like Pat Robertson blaming the town for getting hit by a tornado because gay marriage, but in reverse. If you say that "I can make ______ happen just by (enter whatever "thinking it to happen" phrasing you subscribe to) they you are saying that a person dying of cancer died because she didn't have enough willpower to make herself better...and having worked in oncology, thats total BS.

Positive thinking, wishcraft, intention, whatever....it doesnt move the Universe in youjr favor. It *maybe* aligns you with the way the universe is unfolding so that you have the opportunity to take advantage of it, and it possibly, even more *occasionally* rolls the odds of stoichiometry in your favor. But it doesn't do jack if you don't work for it, unless it was already going that way anyhow. And the rest of the time, confirmation bias convienently allows you to explain away the times when things have't gone as you wanted....its the same with prayer (Like the garth brooks song from back in the day about unanswered prayer).
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X