X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing Myself -- Hello All.

Hello All,

My name is Avery. I am 16, turning 17 in the month of November. I was born in Boston, and was raised by a single mother for most of my life. After Boston, we moved to Florida, and then Hawaii where she married a man for 10 years, and then he left us due to many reasons. After this overwhelming shock, and the death of my grandmother. My mother chose it was about time to end this chapter in Hawaii and move onto better things, and so we picked up our things and started new in South Carolina. After one, or two years there altercations at school prohibited her from doing online education. Therefore to get her master's degree in English she moved back to Hawaii where not only did she graduate her four years of college but met the man of her dreams who she is now married to. Once college ended, we didn't have much of choice and his family needed urgent help regarding her husband's father. So, currently we are living in Alaska which is a major change in itself.

I don't really identify myself with a religion, just due to my vast and open mind for many religions. Learning religions is a fascination to me. Most of my interest is aimed towards the Wiccan culture however. My family is well-dived into it and I've loved learning and reading books about it. Now, as far as how spiritually invested I am -- that varies.

I've had this thing growing up, where I would pick up on spirituality and then drop it. This month is a very good example. It really wasn't on my mind, and somehow someone talked about a few things and it had me going and made me want to start up again -- but this time for good. The older I get the more vivid my dreams become. Im well in depth with my dreams, and they're very lucid at times -- maybe too lucid perhaps. I don't mind this though, it's very interesting being able to control and feel my dreams. I'm considering jotting down my dreams in a journal, or online.

I do have many plans on going to college myself, and preferably getting a Master in Psychology and a Minor in English. The mind interests me a lot, and English is one of my favorite subjects. I don't why, but i just feel the two go hand in and together. On a different note, one of my many hobbies is Photography; I've been interested in it ever since I was a child and through my years of growing up I've learned to self teach myself. Other hobbies include, blogging, long boarding, studying religions, etc.

I am very happy to join this new community, and wish to connect with some very nice people.

Re: Introducing Myself -- Hello All.

Welcome to the forum! Hope you have a great time here!
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Welcome to PF!!
      “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
      ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
      ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find much awesomeness.
        "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

Welcome aboard

Comment

Welcome to our forum!
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Thank you everyone, I am very glad to be in the pagan community and hope to connect with many of you..

Comment

Welcome! Trust me, the people here are very helpful, you will learn a lot here!
                Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

Welcome! Lovely to meet you :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X