Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a specific place or time you should meditate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a specific place or time you should meditate?

Okay, so my Aspergers makes me a sit-around-and-think-about-it instead of an oh-for-the-love-of-the-gods-just-do-it person, but I'm tired of sitting around and thinking about it and so I want to try and communicate with the gods.

I know you do that through meditation, but my question is, can I just meditate on the floor of my room, or do I have to be somewhere specific and at a specific time?

Um, sorry I ask so many questions, I've gone on multiple forums and you are by far the most knowledgeable (and the nicest.... I've had a lot of people be mean to me because I know nothing........)
    Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Re: Is there a specific place or time you should meditate?

It's ok to ask questions - that's what the forums are for.
    As for the place of meditation - it doesn't matter, really. As long as you're comfortable and nothing distracts you, everything is fine. Perhaps you can try places that help you focus and concentrate on the divine.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
      It's ok to ask questions - that's what the forums are for.
      As for the place of meditation - it doesn't matter, really. As long as you're comfortable and nothing distracts you, everything is fine. Perhaps you can try places that help you focus and concentrate on the divine.
      Thank you, that's what I figured but I wanted to make sure!

Comment

Some people might prefer a place with a lot of special objects(personal special) others just want a quiet place,and yet others like music from meditative to Metal...really what gets you into your own personal sweet spot. Making sure you are in a state where you can relax without being disturbed.(some people prefer to meditate in a group)
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I second Anu here, special objects or things can influence greatly on your meditation as well.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I don't think it matters where you meditate, but having a routine, and a regular place can help some people to get into the habit and make them more likely to stick to it. It is exactly 2 weeks tonight since I started setting aside time to meditate every day. I have always meditated, but it's been many years since I had a regular pattern of meditating daily. It was always more like going through short bouts of meditating, of meditating when I had a specific reason to.

These last 2 weeks have really surprised me. I genuinely feel like my general well-being and in particular my mental health, has improved (although I've made several changes, not just meditation, so it might not be solely the result of meditating).

I don't exactly have a special place, but one thing I've started doing is banning myself from meditating lying down in bed. It has to be in a sitting position. This seems to be the main factor that has improved my experience of meditation, and the benefit I get from it. I do sit in the same place though. It is just a space in the bay windows in the bedroom. I have a little cushion and a blanket on the floor there to use, and I light joss, so there's a little incense burner and matches there (poked under the radiator when not in use). It means I can roll out of bed and crawl over, and everything is ready for me. I'm going to get a little portable CD player for the space, so I can listen to my favourite meditation CDs. I just haven't had a chance.

Still, I don't think I necessarily need any of these items. They're just handy.
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
              I don't think it matters where you meditate, but having a routine, and a regular place can help some people to get into the habit and make them more likely to stick to it. It is exactly 2 weeks tonight since I started setting aside time to meditate every day. I have always meditated, but it's been many years since I had a regular pattern of meditating daily. It was always more like going through short bouts of meditating, of meditating when I had a specific reason to.

These last 2 weeks have really surprised me. I genuinely feel like my general well-being and in particular my mental health, has improved (although I've made several changes, not just meditation, so it might not be solely the result of meditating).

I don't exactly have a special place, but one thing I've started doing is banning myself from meditating lying down in bed. It has to be in a sitting position. This seems to be the main factor that has improved my experience of meditation, and the benefit I get from it. I do sit in the same place though. It is just a space in the bay windows in the bedroom. I have a little cushion and a blanket on the floor there to use, and I light joss, so there's a little incense burner and matches there (poked under the radiator when not in use). It means I can roll out of bed and crawl over, and everything is ready for me. I'm going to get a little portable CD player for the space, so I can listen to my favourite meditation CDs. I just haven't had a chance.

Still, I don't think I necessarily need any of these items. They're just handy.
              Ah, thank you! I think I will probably listen to instrumental music while I meditate because I get so easily distracted....

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              Some people might prefer a place with a lot of special objects(personal special) others just want a quiet place,and yet others like music from meditative to Metal...really what gets you into your own personal sweet spot. Making sure you are in a state where you can relax without being disturbed.(some people prefer to meditate in a group)
              That's why I'd like to meditate in my room, there's a lot of items there that are special to me (Including my pets!)

Comment

Working...
              X