Damn me and my spine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn me and my spine!

A while ago I randomly mentioned what I thought was a pulled muscle in my back.

Well, after collapsing into the worst pain I have ever experienced - to the point of lying on the floor and bellowing like a bull - EMS hauled me away.

10 hours & 2 CAT scans later, it turns out I somehow managed to fracture one of the little wing-like doohickeys on a vertebrae. I'm home now, and should survive.

I hurts beyond all belief. The painkillers are only minimally effective.

Send me your strength, or, failing that, some Oxy.

Or pray that I don't have to cough again.

:='(:
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Damn me and my spine!

Oh dear! I'm so sorry....that sounds extremely terribly awful. I hope the drugs kick in soon :/. And of course good throughts (thoughts even) for a swift and uncomplicated recovery.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Ugh, that is pretty damn rough. Here's hoping the drugs kick in quickly, the fracture heals rapidly, and the neighbors don't call the police thinking you've got an enraged animal in your house due to your bellowing.

Comment

I feel you B. De. I once "Bruised" a rib,and even with pain pills it hurt like crazy. Rest and stuff,cause if I remember right(on pain pills it was fuzzy) time is the real healer.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Thanks!

I'm off to enjoy the intense agony of taking a poop.

That noise you hear isn't the end of the inverse, it's just me squeezing...
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Ouch! So sorry to hear this - really hope it eases up for you soon. I get problems with my back and it's no joke. Sending Welsh cwtches (but gentle ones!) and many blessings
            XX
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I think I shall live.

They gave me Valium.

Comment

Rest and relax! Lighting a candle and sending healing wishes.

Comment

Ooh, I'm sorry to hear this. Back pain is the worst. I get really bad muscle spasms that make it difficult to breathe sometimes, all due to herniating and collapsing lumbar (and cervical) discs. I had surgery, but it lasts only so long. So, I feel ya. You might need a muscle relaxant like Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) or Soma (carisoprodol) also. I loves me my carisoprodol and hydrocodone (Percoset).

One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small,
                  And the ones that mother gives you don't do anything at all.
                  Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall...

The nerves are probably misfiring and causing the muscles to spaz. My best wishes to you.
                  śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
                  śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Do not mention that song around your Doc,some of them would cut you off...cause you know.....Drugs and stuff. My friend who was on major pain pills,once joked about younger days doing stuff,and his doc almost cut him off...He was 68 and the pain pills were the only way he could function...sometimes stupid doctors...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I use that all time around the surgeon. He laughs because he knows my twisted sense of humor. I actually don't like taking anything unless I absolutely have to, but that's no good either. By then the pain is so severe the meds really "don't do anything at all". Then you gotta tough it out.
                      śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
                      śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

I am with you on using pain killers,to much and they tend not to work as well. I mainly only take them when really BAD pain hits. If you are in constant pain,then you have to take them on a schedule for sure. (There is also the constipation issue with heavy pain meds)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I never piped in here, but just sending some well wishes your way, Corbin. I hope your back is starting to feel better!

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                            A while ago I randomly mentioned what I thought was a pulled muscle in my back.

Well, after collapsing into the worst pain I have ever experienced - to the point of lying on the floor and bellowing like a bull - EMS hauled me away.

10 hours & 2 CAT scans later, it turns out I somehow managed to fracture one of the little wing-like doohickeys on a vertebrae. I'm home now, and should survive.

I hurts beyond all belief. The painkillers are only minimally effective.

Send me your strength, or, failing that, some Oxy.

Or pray that I don't have to cough again.

:='(:
                            I hope your back is better. I've had back problems since I was 16, and for the last 4 days have been pretty much confined to bed with yet another back attack.

Comment

I always thought spine was a funny word. Spiiiiinnnne.

Anywho, I hope you heal up quickly!

Comment

Working...
                              X