Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I know if I'm being 'tapped' by a deity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I know if I'm being 'tapped' by a deity?

I've been meditating a lot and taking walks in nature to think. But I just don't know if I'm getting signs. Lately, I'll feel cold water drip down down my shoulder but when I check I am completely dry. I've checked the ceiling, no cracks, and it happens outside too. I've also smelled wine on the wind. I also remember a time when I was 6-7 and playing in the woods, my mom made come inside because she said she saw a naked hairy figure in the woods near me. I'm new to all of this and if it's actually some sort of sign I haven't the slightest idea who is tapping me. Recently I tried meditating, and I got this vision of a dark hawk flying at me with the sun behind him. Any help?
    Last edited by Capricorny; 12 Jul 2015, 05:30.

Re: How do I know if I'm being 'tapped' by a deity?

Hi! I'm new to all of this too, I'm just going off of mythology that I know....

The hawk may be pointing you to the Egyptian god Ra.
    Ra, the sun god, was very often depicted with the head of a hawk- hawks were also sacred to him.
    So if you're seeing both a hawk and the sun, perhaps that's who is tapping you in that sense.

As for smelling wine, that could be many deities, but the one that stands out most to me is Dionysus perhaps?

Hope this helps in some way!
    Last edited by CrystalJackal; 12 Jul 2015, 07:50.
    Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

Thanks for the reply :3

Comment

Naked, hairy man immediately sent me to think of trolls, huldrafolk, and Cernunnos (Pan, The Green Man, The Horned God, etc). As for the hawk, I also thought of Ra (along with the sun) and Freya (though her twin Frey is also a Sun God so ... maybe as a pair). Now after a little poking about, I had forgotten that Apollo, as a Sun God, would use hawks as his messengers. The smell of wine would fit with Pan/Cernunnos as the connection between satyrs and drinking, as well as the fact that of all the gods and goddesses, Dionysus thought that Pan was the bee's knees. As for the water, many people describe the touch of spirits, ghosts, etc as a cold, damp feeling and they say places where there are ghosts have "cold spots" in the rooms where they most frequent.

So to put it all together, I would think that perhaps there may be a bit of a poking and a prodding for you to delve a bit into the pantheon of the Greeks. Pan, Apollo, and Dionysus all fitting in nicely with your experiences. Also interestingly, the three of them put together sort of points to directing you to go out and have a good time. Wine, women, and song sort of thing. They're all known to be cheerful, exuberant, and maybe a little bit on the wild side.

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorny View Post
          Thanks for the reply :3
          You're welcome!

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

I was interested in the water aspect of your experiences, which seemed to be happening repeatedly, so I thought I'd join in with some ideas:

Apollo was associated with water in his aspect as a healer/patron of surgeons, Apollo Moritascus.

Tefnut was the daughter of Ra and goddess of rain (you mentioned the water felt like it was dripping from the ceiling)

Best of luck figuring it out!

Comment

Lots of stuff here but also a whole lot of nothing.

I say nothing because many times dream imagery is all about the dreamer and nothing more. Consider you mention a hawk coming out of the sun. Ok lets look at that. Anything coming out of the sun is going to be distorted from the aspect you really can't look into the sun as it blinds us and forces us to change the angle we view at. So was it a hawk? Was it a raven or crow? Was it a scavenger or a raptor? Lots of questions there.

Then the water dripping on the neck. For me i'd equate that to something chthonic orsubterranean. Dripping water suggests being below ground and the creation of stalactites and stalagmites, and something being above you. Like the sun being something that tends to block our vision the water to me anyway also seems to suggest something hidden and directing attention above you. Yet what is revealed is also hidden in a sort of blindness and not to be taken at its face value.

The smell of wine on the wind always makes me think of cellars and subterranean places as that is where wine casks tend to be stored in olden days. While many times the air in a cavern has an earthly smell sometimes you get a sort of sweet smell until you get a lot deeper in. Water, sort of a fruity smell that can be sweet but also sort of sickly sweet. At times reminded me of old monasteries or castles where stuff was stored in store rooms deep in the earth and at times even had water dripping.

Like I said lots of stuff with a whole lot of nothing to piece together. Consider are you going into a cavern or deep earth place? Are you being told to turn inwards and seek the parts you keep hidden? Are you going to face the primordial beast or hairy man that dwells within all of us as both part of our ancestry and part of the shadow self. Was it a Hawk you saw?

Far to many assumptions in my opinion about which god / goddess or pantheon you should look at vice considering the actual elements and aspects that are being shown.

With what you've described I could make a theory of your standing at the entrance to some cavern. You turn to look back and see the sun blazing and something coming out of the sun. The water dripping upon you seems to suggest you'll have to go fairly deep into the cavern but won't be able to see the ceiling to know the source of the water. The smell of wine upon the air suggests deep but not into the deepest chambers of where ever you may have to go. Yet the smell of wine also suggests there are other entrances as that means the air is moving and the currents are being revealed. So your not going to be stagnate and if you pay attention you should be able to find your way back into the light. Even the hairy man could be construed as being your guide or the beast you have to face on your journey.

With all of that one could make a logical argument that it's the Nordic or Teutonic pantheon that is calling you. I'd advise explore the imagery and worry less about is a god, goddess or even a pantheon trying to get your attention. If you explore the imagery and what it means to you there is less chance of trying to make it fit some presumed idea of how it will pertain to any given divinity or pantheon.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by Tahemet1491 View Post
                  I was interested in the water aspect of your experiences, which seemed to be happening repeatedly, so I thought I'd join in with some ideas:

Apollo was associated with water in his aspect as a healer/patron of surgeons, Apollo Moritascus.

Tefnut was the daughter of Ra and goddess of rain (you mentioned the water felt like it was dripping from the ceiling)

Best of luck figuring it out!
                  Ack! Why didn't I think of Tefnut! I thought about the water thing and had this kind of blank moment where I just couldn't think of any god associated with water, not even Posiden.

Comment

My suggestion, catalogue it, look into the imagery in your spare time and then move on. If a god (or a number of other entities) wants your attention then they're more than capable of hitting you over the head till you know who they are and I don't think you have enough data for a conclusion yet.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                      X