Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Thank you for the advice, this is what happened.......

  1. #1
    Sr. Member CrystalJackal's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    222
    Gender
    female
    Religion
    Therian/Spirtual
    Location
    North Carolina
    Phrase
    Take me as I am or get the hell out.

    Thank you for the advice, this is what happened.......

    First, thank you SO MUCH to everyone who answered my previous thread.... of course, nothing bad happened to me and I worried for absolutely nothing........ no surprise there.

    Sorry I keep bugging you guys, I'm just trying to understand what I'm doing.....

    A couple people mentioned I should wait before trying to call out to gods. I agree with you- I specifically called out to gods this one time because I was making an offering to Bast. I probably won't try calling out to gods for a while.

    So I don't really know what I did, but basically this was what happened- and if you guys could tell me if I'm doing something wrong or dangerous that would be fantastic.

    I spent a few minutes just listening to instrumental (I listened to it through the entire time) and calming and quieting my mind. Then, I offered the items I had on a table in front of me to Bast.

    I asked the gods if they wanted anything of me to send me a sign. (As someone else brought to my attention, I did specify GODS. I did not invite any ONE- like demons and spirits. So at least I didn't do that.)

    Okay so after that is where I might have done something wrong. A friend of mine told me to try visualizing myself somewhere, so I visualized myself in a field with tall grass. There was a forest on the left, so I walked through it for a while. Eventually I came to a cave, and went inside. I wandered around, eventually coming across steps, and finally a stone door that blended in with the wall of the cave. I opened it, and I couldn't see what was beyond it, it was too dark. When I went inside, my thinking mind started to take over, and what I saw changed a couple times, becuase I was trying to just see what I would see, but I think I just saw what I wanted to see. I saw a large statue of Anubis, holding a flame. But again, I think that was just something I wanted to see.
    Then I opened my eyes.

    Actually, at first it was hard to keep my concentration on the forest, but as time went on it became easier for me to focus and explore. However, I was still aware I was in fact in my living room, and I was able to control what I saw- I just tried not to. Random thoughts did sometimes zoom into my head as well.

    I honestly think I was trying way too hard, which is part of the problem.

    But, I think I might have done it right....... see my mind never shuts up. The harder I try to shut it up, the worse it gets. But when I was meditating (or trying to anyway) my mind was finally quiet...... it was different, but it was nice.

    I'm not going to call out to any gods until I get more experienced with meditating, I didn't feel a connection anyway, even when I made the offering. I wanted to try it to see if anything happened, but nothing did so.

    I'm going to start a regular routine though.... I'm going to meditate at night before I go to bed.....

    Any thoughts on what I did? If you have no clue don't feel to bad, I don't even really know what I did.

  2. #2
    Nihilistic Goddess Medusa's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    10,247
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

    Re: Thank you for the advice, this is what happened.......

    You need to stop.
    Satan is my spirit animal

  3. #3
    Sr. Member CrystalJackal's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    222
    Gender
    female
    Religion
    Therian/Spirtual
    Location
    North Carolina
    Phrase
    Take me as I am or get the hell out.

    Re: Thank you for the advice, this is what happened.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    You need to stop.
    Explanation please? If I'm doing something wrong, please tell me.......
    Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

  4. #4
    Nihilistic Goddess Medusa's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    10,247
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

    Re: Thank you for the advice, this is what happened.......

    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalJackal View Post
    Explanation please? If I'm doing something wrong, please tell me.......
    I think you are flooding our forums with every single little question. I get you want to learn. At 16 we are all so eager and sincere. Just back off a bit. Read a bit and listen. You are going to stress yourself out kid.
    Satan is my spirit animal

  5. #5
    Sr. Member CrystalJackal's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    222
    Gender
    female
    Religion
    Therian/Spirtual
    Location
    North Carolina
    Phrase
    Take me as I am or get the hell out.

    Re: Thank you for the advice, this is what happened.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I think you are flooding our forums with every single little question. I get you want to learn. At 16 we are all so eager and sincere. Just back off a bit. Read a bit and listen. You are going to stress yourself out kid.
    I'm sorry............ I really am.....................
    I don't have a lot of resources..... I don't have any other places I can go to ask questions, and reading about things is extremely confusing and extremely stressful to me, trust me I tried, it almost made me give up...... I'm trying to learn but I learn by asking questions..................
    My Aspergers makes me ask questions very impulsively.......
    I'm always stressed out no matter what.........
    Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

  6. #6
    Nihilistic Goddess Medusa's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    10,247
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

    Re: Thank you for the advice, this is what happened.......

    I'm bi polar. I get the frantic mind. And when I see another one my bi polar gets upset.
    You are going to burn out with the questions and people will stop trying to help. Just relax and like I said, read a bit. If not, people will just stop answering your questions or just not care and give you crappy answers. Slow down. Enjoy the place.
    Satan is my spirit animal

  7. #7
    Cat Freak Gleb's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,938
    Gender
    male
    Religion
    Kemetic reconstructionist, I guess... Solitary. devotee of Djehuty and Bast
    Location
    In my reality
    Phrase
    Rawr

    Re: Thank you for the advice, this is what happened.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I think you are flooding our forums with every single little question. I get you want to learn. At 16 we are all so eager and sincere. Just back off a bit. Read a bit and listen. You are going to stress yourself out kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalJackal View Post
    I'm sorry............ I really am.....................
    I don't have a lot of resources..... I don't have any other places I can go to ask questions, and reading about things is extremely confusing and extremely stressful to me, trust me I tried, it almost made me give up...... I'm trying to learn but I learn by asking questions..................
    My Aspergers makes me ask questions very impulsively.......
    I'm always stressed out no matter what.........
    No, it's important to be in the middle. To ask questions AND watch, listen and so on. Medusa - if she doesn't ask questions, she will never get the proper answers. CrystalJackal - asking questions is important, but like Medusa said - try looking more in our forums. Perhaps you'll find something useful.
    If one only watches and listens, it will lead only to the person's loss of self esteem and just ruin his/her life. So CrystalJackal - stay in the middle.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."



    Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

  8. #8
    Nihilistic Goddess Medusa's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    10,247
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

    Re: Thank you for the advice, this is what happened.......

    Yeah a good mix is good. I agree Gleb.
    Satan is my spirit animal

  9. #9
    PF Ordo Hereticus MaskedOne's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7,827
    Religion
    Jedi
    Location
    elsewhere
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

    Re: Thank you for the advice, this is what happened.......

    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalJackal View Post
    Explanation please? If I'm doing something wrong, please tell me.......
    You aren't in violation of any forum rules. This thread is slightly redundant and I may merge it with the original since it's effectively reporting on events there. Redundant thread creation is no great sin though unless it gets to the point where you're spamming (you aren't there) and the day that starts with the staff being that anal will probably end with several members banned when they discover that extremely anal staff are extremely anal in multiple arenas.

    With the rule point covered, a lot of people go straight to the new posts list when they log in and it will tend to exasperate people if they log in and 8 new threads with the same originator all pop up in their unreads. If what you want to say fits perfectly well within an existing thread then you generally net less exasperation by using the existing thread. This is not a formal rule (beyond that site staff reserve the right to merge threads at will) but it is a piece etiquette that makes getting along with people easier.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

    "When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

    Yoda

    Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

    Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

    "But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

    John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

    "You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

    Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis



  10. #10
    Sr. Member CrystalJackal's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    222
    Gender
    female
    Religion
    Therian/Spirtual
    Location
    North Carolina
    Phrase
    Take me as I am or get the hell out.

    Re: Thank you for the advice, this is what happened.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Gleb View Post
    No, it's important to be in the middle. To ask questions AND watch, listen and so on. Medusa - if she doesn't ask questions, she will never get the proper answers. CrystalJackal - asking questions is important, but like Medusa said - try looking more in our forums. Perhaps you'll find something useful.
    If one only watches and listens, it will lead only to the person's loss of self esteem and just ruin his/her life. So CrystalJackal - stay in the middle.
    I know.......... contrary to apparently popular belief, I DO look through the forums, and I DO read. I look through the forums I just never find an answer......... I try and look online....... I never find an answer.......... I just never find an answer................


    I had three times more questions than what I've posted..... I found the answer to those by reading........ I spent hours trying to find the answers to the questions I posted here but I never found them........ so I asked here........

    I try, but I always find a way to screw up.......
    I'm sorry.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MaskedOne View Post
    You aren't in violation of any forum rules. This thread is slightly redundant and I may merge it with the original since it's effectively reporting on events there. Redundant thread creation is no great sin though unless it gets to the point where you're spamming (you aren't there) and the day that starts with the staff being that anal will probably end with several members banned when they discover that extremely anal staff are extremely anal in multiple arenas.

    With the rule point covered, a lot of people go straight to the new posts list when they log in and it will tend to exasperate people if they log in and 8 new threads with the same originator all pop up in their unreads. If what you want to say fits perfectly well within an existing thread then you generally net less exasperation by using the existing thread. This is not a formal rule (beyond that site staff reserve the right to merge threads at will) but it is a piece etiquette that makes getting along with people easier.
    I only started a new thread becuase I didn't know how to add to the original thread.............
    I'm really terrible with technology.......... I'm sorry.......
    Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Similar Threads

  1. So It Happened
    By Norse_Angel in forum Catacombs
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 25 Jun 2015, 00:39
  2. Of course, you know it never really happened...
    By B. de Corbin in forum Catacombs
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02 May 2013, 11:08
  3. Has this happened to anyone else...?
    By Ementine in forum Pagan Traditions & Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02 Jul 2012, 09:32

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •