X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This should prove interesting,militery working on transgender inclusion

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...er-ban-n391291

Pentagon to Services: Prepare to Include Transgender Troops

So,what say you...your opinion,your thoughts.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: This should prove interesting,militery working on transgender inclusion

There's no reason they shouldn't be allowed to in the first place. If you want to fight for your country, it shouldn't matter what sexual orientation, gender, religious, or ethnicity you fall into.
    "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
    And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
    They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
    The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
    - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

I will give anyone props if they want to serve..when I went in the Navy,it was only a choice as far as what branch to go in,not if I wanted in at all.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Fully for it! Okay, I'm biased I guess, as I'm a part of the LGBT community as well. But I mean, it's not like being trans in any way hinders anyone's ability to serve!
        Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

I am just a bit surprised things have evolved so quickly...Remember I grew up even before civil rights for blacks was fully finished. So,as I considered how long things took,this seems almost magic because I know how the military used to think about even blacks in the ranks.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            I am just a bit surprised things have evolved so quickly...Remember I grew up even before civil rights for blacks was fully finished. So,as I considered how long things took,this seems almost magic because I know how the military used to think about even blacks in the ranks.
            You're so right.

But then, this particular issue is one of the reasons I left Christianity. Too much hatred. Not just against LGBT, but just in general.

It is weird to think, especially for those who have been around longer, like you........

Being raised by a Catholic weirdly enough had no affect on me save for me not knowing what Lesbian meant until I found it out for myself, because my mother refuses to talk about it. I never saw any problems that others did though.....
            Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

Truthfully I think it will depend on the individual and how they present themselves. Lots of things still happen in the dark when sailors go overboard or troops get killed or fragged by their own people. The bad part is the military gets "Ordered" to make things happen and appear to work and the reports will show both support for it and success with it regardless of the actual costs. That ordered aspect seems to be the aspect so frequently forgotten by the press and the civilian populations as they show how it works in the military on the surface.

Far to many seem to think because the military is a micocosim of the US as a whole what works there will be workable in the civilian sector. Yet it's a whole different spectrum and punishments are unlike what the civilian sector can face.

Rape and such surely didn't go down in number's after Tail Hook regardless of how much political play it received in the civilian government and press. Making it acceptable by legality does not mean those who would act upon it won't do so anyway.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

As a person, I have no problem with this. As veteran I forsee huge problems with actually implementing this. The military still can't get females serving right...it may be unfair, but they are't institutionally ready for biological females that feel like men and vice versa.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

The problem isn't particularly with transgender service members themselves but the misogony, homophobia, and ignorance that generally pervades military culture.

Comment

Hay PM,LTNS>>>Welcome back.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                      The problem isn't particularly with transgender service members themselves but the misogony, homophobia, and ignorance that generally pervades military culture.

I think this depends greatly (though not entirely) on 2 things--- 1) branch of service, 2) chain of command.

1) the military needs to do a better job at screening recruits
                      2) the military needs to do a better job at weeding out bigotry (by which I mean kicking them out)
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                        As a person, I have no problem with this. As veteran I forsee huge problems with actually implementing this. The military still can't get females serving right...it may be unfair, but they are't institutionally ready for biological females that feel like men and vice versa.
                        This. And is a trans person going to feel comfortable in a group shower? a female already gets shit for having different pt standards than a male, a trans person stands to take direct criticism and targeting based o. Things they themselves cannot control. Rape is already a huge issue in the military, some people would just be announcing themselves as targets. The whole thing scares me, no one should be barred from serving if they are healthy enough to, but I worked with people who couldn't handle that I was female, if I'd wanted to be male they wouldn't have even bothered acknowledging me...
                        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                        X