inappropriate people are inappropriate and clueless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: inappropriate people are inappropriate and clueless

I have to be frank here, and apparently go against the grain. Not that I'm condoning what this woman did in a desperate measure for attention, but I wouldn't give the Pope the time of day. Why on earth would I have any respect whatsoever for a man who is the leader of an organization that has, over it's long history, caused more human suffering than any other in the history of the planet, as far as I know. From the Crusades to Child molestation. When is someone going to put these censored out of business? And I'm supposed to acknowledge a necessary respect because people's beliefs center around this organization and this man?

Sorry. No.
    Last edited by MaskedOne; 25 Jul 2015, 07:17.

Comment

The current Pope has done quite a bit in efforts to allow the religion to grow and evolve with the times, and overall I think this guy is a pretty hoopt frood. Now, I was raised Roman Catholic but have long since been a pagan of the Northern Tradition flavour and have many gripes and issues with Catholicism, but this Pope gets my respect. From sneaking out past his guards to hang out with poor people, to extending grace and prayers to gay and Transgender people, he's not a bad sort.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
        The current Pope has done quite a bit in efforts to allow the religion to grow and evolve with the times, and overall I think this guy is a pretty hoopt frood. Now, I was raised Roman Catholic but have long since been a pagan of the Northern Tradition flavour and have many gripes and issues with Catholicism, but this Pope gets my respect. From sneaking out past his guards to hang out with poor people, to extending grace and prayers to gay and Transgender people, he's not a bad sort.
        He's not perfect (claiming gay marriage is bad, for instance), but all things considered, I prefer him to all the other popes.

Comment

Originally posted by LearningMan View Post
          He's not perfect (claiming gay marriage is bad, for instance), but all things considered, I prefer him to all the other popes.
          I agree. And from what I've seen of him, he's pretty much about as supportive as a pope can be for the LGBT community. He seems like a nice guy overall to me.
          Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

What really does surprise me about this Pope...and please no angry reply's..Because he is so modern(For this look back to the 1 month pope) nothing has happened to him,like a sudden stroke or even heaven forbid a fall down the Vatican stairs.

John Paul 1,the 33 day reign pope.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_John_Paul_I
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

People who dislike an organization need to ask what can be done to change that organization. And the answer lies within the members of the organization. Thus this Pope is a member within this organization trying to change things.

Kudos to him.

apparently 'organization' is the word of the day!
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by LearningMan View Post
                I read in a blog (which I can not now re-locate) a pretty horrendous attack on the Daili Lama - that he is a bigot, a hypocrite, and a crappy practitioner of "compassion" because he believe that gay sex is wrong.

However, the Daili Lama supports full respect and equalityfor gay people - including same sex marriage - and uses his position and influence to do it publicly.

There is thing that people need to understand:

It is not necessary to accept everything, approve everything, and have no opinion on what is right and what is wrong.

What is necessary is that one respect others, treat them with courtesy, and extend compassion EVEN TO THOSE WITH WHOM ONE DOES NOT AGREE. The Daili Lama, and, I think, this Pope, do that. This makes them shining examples, in my book.

Let's face it - respect, courtesy, and compassion are easy to have for people who one accepts, of whom one approves, and who one feels is right. It's the "others," those one is more naturally inclined to hate, that present the real challenge.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                X