Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most ridiculous thing anyone's ever said to you about your religion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most ridiculous thing anyone's ever said to you about your religion?

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    Only real strange thing is someone said to me at work(when I still worked) "I did not know you were Jewish" looking at my Pent....
    Ah yes, I've had this one too, more than once oddly. Although I haven't had it since Uni. It's either better known these days, or I just don't get out enough!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by CrystalJackal View Post

Not really on the subject, but I found this comment amusing:
    A friend of mine once asked me, "Margaret, if Satan is "evil", then why does he punish evil people? Aren't they like, his kind of people? Wouldn't he reward them for being evil?"
    And honestly I still don't know how to answer that.
    Mind blown! Yeah, why is that? [Sarcasm]Don't tell me we found a hole in the logic. Religious dogma is usually so water-tight too.. [/sarcasm]
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Regarding Alchemy: alchemy was just a superstitious precursor to science (this one hardly counts. Everybody says that...)

Regarding my atheistness, I gottses two: 1) atheistness is a religion because it relies on belief, and 2) atheists can't tell the difference between right and wrong because, without a god, there is no difference.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

From another Pagan: that the hubby and I couldn't possibly *really* be Pagan because we were in the military
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          From another Pagan: that the hubby and I couldn't possibly *really* be Pagan because we were in the military
          Used to hear that one a lot. Even had at least two instances where I was told I had to be Heathen as no Pagan would join the military and violate the three fold law.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            Regarding Alchemy: alchemy was just a superstitious precursor to science (this one hardly counts. Everybody says that...)

Regarding my atheistness, I gottses two: 1) atheistness is a religion because it relies on belief, and 2) atheists can't tell the difference between right and wrong because, without a god, there is no difference.
            Okay, that last one is so ridiculous I can't even believe someone's that dumb.
            I mean, the rest are stupid too, but that last one takes the cake.
            I have been told by a lot of people that atheists are really mean people, which is stupid.
            A lot of my friends are atheists and are total sweethearts, and you're quite friendly yourself. I think it's silly people think you have to believe in a god to be a good person.
            The only negative interaction I've had with atheists is when atheists I don't even know randomly come up to me and start slandering me and calling me idiotic for believing in gods (and in an aggressive way not a joking way), though I've met far more atheists who would never do a thing like that.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of times I can't believe the rude things people say to people who have served in the military. I can't even fathom being rude to them....... That's pretty silly. I mean, that's like saying someone can't be Christian because they don't go to church every Sunday.
            Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

This "Pagans can't be in the military!" thing reeks of the No True Scotsman fallacy.

Comment

Working...
              X