Windows 10 Is Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 Is Coming

Anyone (or everyone) getting Windows 10 on the 29th of this month? With the new Microsoft browser Maverick? Normally I don't pay attention to such new fangled gadgets but this is got me as giddy as a goat in the summertime.

Re: Windows 10 Is Coming

MS is really pulling out all the stops to convince everyone to go Win10. I am sorry but the more promos and ads to promote something makes my crap detectors start singing. As a rule,the more a movie has promotional ads,generally the worse the movie is. A good movie kind of sells itself by word of mouth. Wondering why MS is spending this much on TV ads pushing hard for everyone to upgrade.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      MS is really pulling out all the stops to convince everyone to go Win10. I am sorry but the more promos and ads to promote something makes my crap detectors start singing. As a rule,the more a movie has promotional ads,generally the worse the movie is. A good movie kind of sells itself by word of mouth. Wondering why MS is spending this much on TV ads pushing hard for everyone to upgrade.
      I know what you mean. It scared hell out of me when the Windows icon appeared on my task bar offering the $119 dollar OP for free. And they even made reserving it super easy . . . that isn't like Microsoft! Maybe that's why I'm all excited.

Comment

There is some suggestion that it is a marketing ploy. Microsoft has been losing ground in the mobile and phone market,windows 10 seems to be a push to insure they keep their market share. Also there is a thing with Cable,and the unplug trend with online TV content..lot of changing media direction.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I don't understand what's supposed to be different about it. As a non-programmer, just a home user, I don't ever get all the hoopla about these things. Once I figure out where I have to point & click to go where I want to go, and how to store/access things, they all seem the same in the end.

Last year, when I got my new PC, I installed free word/excel stuff, and some people said it's not as good as the expensive windows, well it's been a year and all my files are fine, and if someone emails me one, it opens, so where's the problem?
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pathway Machine View Post
            I know what you mean. It scared hell out of me when the Windows icon appeared on my task bar offering the $119 dollar OP for free. And they even made reserving it super easy . . . that isn't like Microsoft! Maybe that's why I'm all excited.
            They really don't want to support legacy systems. This is less Microsoft being generous and more Microsoft trying to purge Win 7 and 8 from the Earth so it only needs to write patches for 10.

That said. I have a Win 7 laptop and a Win 8 Laptop. The 8 is going to 10. The 7 might if I'm happy with 10 in 6 months.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

The is also much that seems not known..I have heard(read) that if you do not like Win10,you can revert to your previous version,though this idea is not from MS. Also something as to,win10 is free,but you must renew after a time,as in yearly license,also not something MS has stated,just conjecture.

That in my mind is a problem,it seems a lot of what you read "May" be true,or it may not...I myself want to wait and see how people react to the upgrade to decide if it is something I want.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Odds are the update won't affect your recovery partition so if you don't like 10, factory reset is good.

As to Win 10 subscriptions, I'll let Microsoft forums handle that one

life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

as you showed,not subscription BUT someone asked,and the idea is out in the wild...so confusion,and also people felt burned by Win8

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I actually liked windows XP best. Windows 7 is good, but some of the search functions from XP just weren't there. And I really really don't like windows 8 nor what I've seen of windows 10. Feel like crawling into a dark corner somewhere...
                    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

For me, Windows 7 was SUPERB. To be quite honest, XP and 8 are a bit annoying. I wonder what Windows 10 will look like. Though I hate learning how to use new technology....
                      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Two words:

Planned obsolescence.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

MS says this will be the last version all after just updates. I think MS is still trying to figure a direction,this market thing has changed over time.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                            Two words:

Planned obsolescence.
                            True. Though I like the "If it works, don't fix it" saying. That's why I think Windows 8 shouldn't ever have been made.
                            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

If they can make that plan work then it'll make their lives a lot easier. Key word is if.

Comment

Working...
                              X