Turkey Strikes Kurdish Militants in Northern Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey Strikes Kurdish Militants in Northern Iraq

This kind of makes no sense to me,but the world seems to be heading in the direction of senseless violence.

The Turks are attacking the Kurds and ISIS,but the Kurds seem the only ones making headway against ISIS. I know the Turks have a long time beef with the Kurds,but why harm those doing the most damage to ISIS.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/turkey-s...raq-1437819823

The middle east it seems will wack itself if it just keeps going on in this way(Just my thoughts)
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Turkey Strikes Kurdish Militants in Northern Iraq

Actually it makes perfect sense , in the confusion Turkey can and will take the opportunity to dismantle the growing Kurdish power base that was established because of the rise of Islamic State which threatens Turkish control over ares that are claimed as Kurdistan, which fall within Turkish borders. On top of that many Kurds that live in turkey are at odds with the majority Turkish population.Also for the longest time Turkey has been headed by right wing Sunni leadership that allowed fighters to enter into Syria and was close to supporting Al-Nusra and other pseudo rebels just short of supporting the Islamic state. This gives the Turks more room to re-establish themselves as a dominant power in the region by taking out the arabs in the Islamic State and the Kurds, Turkey has also recently been trying to reclaim the power it had during the Ottoman Empire.

Comment

Working...
    X