Rain Holiday Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain Holiday Ideas

Recently the god Tlaloc has requested that I make a holiday to celebrate him. He told me to come up with some ideas, but I can't think of anything. Does anyone have any ideas I could use? Thank you in advance.

Re: Rain Holiday Ideas

It seems you are implying a holiday with a solid or static date. Why not make it a holiday every time it rains, snows or other water type weather? If not that then base it upon an aspect of the growing cycle of the land your in. Sort of start of the rainy season is dedicate to him sort of how ancient Egyptian's dedicated the start of the Nile flooding season to certain gods / goddesses. The possibilities are really endless if you look at how the element is connected to the landscape.

Now if you want to be really creative then make it a holiday that observes some obscure aspect of him that shows you've gone out of your way to discover him. Consider it like doing a history report. Everyone in the US knows about George Washington and the Cherry Tree, Lincoln and freeing the slaves, etc and does their reports on those well known aspects. So do your report on say the trial of Aaron Burr for treason and the cost to his family.

Maybe even revamp and existing holiday that once honored him and bring it back even if only in your own practices.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Thank you! The reason my holiday is on a static date is because Tlaloc specifically chose a date.

Comment

That might then be the clue you have to crack. If a god gives you a certain date then it's been my experience the date already had a special purpose for the god in question. That would suggest, to me anyway, that by discovering the history behind the date chosen you discover something about the god in question. Something that the average or run of the mill person might not otherwise discover because they'd not put the energy and effort into solving the mystery.

I believe you said elsewhere that Tlaloc is an Aztec god which puts him in the Mesoamerican civilizations I think. Myself I think i'd look at other Mesoamerican religions and see if that date also is important to them in any capacity which might suggest an earlier or more global importance to it for the whole area.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Found a purpose: the date (April 12th) was the last day of Tozoztontli, a festival which involved child sacrifice.

Comment

Working...
          X