Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Involving Deities in Buying a First Home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Involving Deities in Buying a First Home.

First home buyer, here. A lot of people told me it can be a pretty emotional time as you search for a new home, find the one you want and then try to negotiate a fair price. As usual, I brushed off the warning because I perceive myself as pretty level-headed. Ha.

So, it turns out that I have spent a lot of energy identifying what my husband and I want in a home (beyond number of rooms), finding like properties and then trying to work out a fair price. I've learned heaps in the process such as:
    - Start with a low offer to give yourself room to 'concede' to a higher offer or more favourable settlement terms. This makes the vendor feel less under the thumb.
    - Real Estate Agents are in it for business and that's all - even my good friends.
    - Pounce on a good opportunity, but don't rush through a deal because you want something now.
    - Be willing to make trade-offs if needed. Ex: I have found many houses in my price range are either on large blocks but need renovations, or they don't need renovations but are on small blocks. I had to work out what was more important and if I needed to think about increasing my shopping budget.
    - Speak in general terms with Real Estate Agents about your budget.

We recently put an offer on a home and then withdrew because we were being pressured to pay more than we wanted to. Now I'm just at a point where I feel like I've done all I can do and I'm just waiting on the Divine! There seemed to be heaps of good houses earlier in the year! Now I can't find one I like. I've wanted to spend time in prayer about it to try to get a higher perspective and notice a good opportunity when one comes along but I just can't commit to this prayer. I don't feel that my deity is very interested in whether I own my own home or not. In fact, I feel a distinct lack of interest in my finances at all beyond reducing wastefulness.

To those who have enlisted in divine help when going through the process of buying your first home, which deity did you pray to and what were your prayers? If you decided not to involve a deity, why so?

Re: Involving Deities in Buying a First Home.

So....we will be buying a house soon (in the next year or so)...

I'd thing it would be good to stick with the deities you aleady work with regularly. Or go with a deity/deities of the home and/or business.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Well, someone told me once that any deity works in one way or another. If you want to be specific, I'd pray to Lady Bast and Bes, because they're both protectors of households. Since I also work with Djehuty, I'd ask for his help as well so he'll help me choosing a suitable house.
      A word of warning - if you choose Bes, he might respond with something similar to "You want my help in choosing a house? Alright, let me see what I can do."
      At least this is the vibe I get from him.

I hope you'll find what you're looking for, Az!
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

This just for Thal..and maybe a little for Gleb.

- - - Updated - - -

And one for the Duce...just saying.

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I don't really want to consult a different deity for help to buy a home. I'm sorry I made it sound that way. I am after a different point of view on how others have approached the topic with their deities.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Gleb View Post

I hope you'll find what you're looking for, Az!
          Thank you! Me too!

Comment

Oh.. Well, I'd simply ask for their help and signs.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Okay, I'll work it out. Thank you Gleb. And Anu you are so random!

Comment

I guess I am a bit to "Random"
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                X