Unsettling Dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unsettling Dream

Not sure if anyone can add some light on the symbolism in this dream and what it means. Aside from the very personal associations I would carry in my subconscious, I have to wonder if there is a context of meaning to some of this that might be part of the mass unconscious mind... or something like that. Anyway, it was a bit weird, seemed significant, and this seems like the kind of open minded crowd to have pick this apart.

I went to sleep thinking about the death urge, the need to check the unconscious forces in my life, both from myself and others, that have created certain obstacles for me. I had a vivid dream while I was asleep, most of which I don't remember until near the end. I was walking on a dirt road in a small town - presumably near the place I was born. As the road bent in front of some kind of small doctor's office, there was a small dirt path to another dirt road behind the building which lead out of the town, through some farm fields and over the horizon. There were several trees growing besides the path behind this building, each with a different type of fruit. Most of the fruit, however, were citrus types with skin that had to be peeled. I wanted to be a little sneaky and have fruit that left no evidence of being eaten, so I found a tree with fruit that appeared to be some kind of pear. I took one from the tree, took a bite and kept walking.

I looked up into the sky, as I often do, and it was calm with a few thin upper atmosphere clouds. It was a beautiful, temperate day. But then I noticed that something was happening. I've seen these reports of the "cube UFO" appearing in the sky, and just like in those pictures, I saw a portal open up with a whooshing noise, and something begin to emerge. I was fascinated and excited that I would be experiencing something that so many others had claimed to have experienced firsthand, but also stopped, simultaneously afraid that this phenomenon might somehow take notice of me - that I might even be its target. But I watched. Sure enough, after the 3 seconds that this cubical object took to emerge from a portal in the sky, it came hurling at me. It was an elongated cube, and I remember thinking that it looked something like a coffin, and at the same time, like the 2001 monolith. I tried to run, but it came at me with speed.

Rather than impacting me, it absorbed me. I passed through it and was then stuck inside of it like a coffin. I started beating on it from the inside, but then it stopped being solid and enveloped me. At this point, there was no question in my mind that this thing was some kind of intelligent force, and I became angry and determined to counter and defeat it. Once I made that determination, it made itself known to me in a way that I knew, in the dream, was merely an illusion conjured by the entity to represent itself to me, and to represent the interactions that would be taking place on some more subtle level of consciousness.

It appeared to me as a short, maybe childlike anthropomorphic black cat with green eyes in a dark tunnel leading to a chamber. It looked at me, deviously, and then ran down the tunnel. I began yelling at it and chased it running as fast as I could. Once I got to the chamber, there was something there, and the scene had changed. The tunnels and chambers were gone. I don't actually remember what I encountered there, but I remember that, once I became aware that what I was dealing with was an illusion, the illusion would fade away and I would be in the chamber, and the cat would already be running devilishly down another tunnel. This was the recurring pattern. I would run after the cat, face an illusion, wake up to its deception, and the cat would run again. But the cat - the entity - seemed to be leading me on, as if it wanted me to defeat it, and some of the dangers it brought me to weren't illusory, they were real. Eventually it lead me to a door protected by some kind of hulking, muscle-bound cat man. I determined to get past the cat guard if it killed me, charged, and woke up.

One of the interesting things, for me, was that the "waking up" feeling of straining against the entity's illusions was similar to the feeling of a certain kind of breathing meditation I used to do which had the effect of waking me up during a dream if I dreamt about doing it. The other thing is that, that same day, I decided to be fanciful and look up some stuff on shadow people and sleep paralysis. Occult stuff isn't really something I take at face value, and was more something that was part of my childhood because of my mom... But some part of me does kind of suspect that maybe this dream could represent some kind of "supernatural" interaction?... Alternately, it's just my mind using the symbolism of the UFO/Occult stuff that is still a part of me to represent aspects of myself. Either way, the dream was unnerving. At least I hope it seemed a bit interesting to anyone who reads this. Anyone have any thoughts?
    Last edited by Masaru; 27 Jul 2015, 12:18.

Re: Unsettling Dream

Usually I'd say that nobody except you can understand the meaning of the dream, which is true. My version for that is that it's either a test given by the divine or just a dream. Maybe partly this partly that.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
      Usually I'd say that nobody except you can understand the meaning of the dream, which is true. My version for that is that it's either a test given by the divine or just a dream. Maybe partly this partly that.
      Well, I'm pretty familiar with my own interpretation of the dream, but this process of exploration is why I'm here. So, a test from the divine... How does that work?

Comment

Honestly...dreams don't always have meaning. There's a really nice documentary on Nova on dreams and dreaming that I generally advise people to watch before they decide to put too much stock into dream analysis, but I can't link it because my phone is incapable of multitasking---its a quirky phone.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

If you were to put to much stock in dreams,then I most likely should have been dead a while..two dreams I have had stand out,in one,I find myself staring at a coffin,and as I approach it I realize that it is me in the coffin..needless to say that dream kind of messed with my mood in the waking memory..Also a second dream I was shot with a shotgun,and lie bleeding out before I woke up...disturbing yes,but I saw no meaning other than perhaps I should not eat certain things before sleeping...
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

It could be that there's something in your life that you need to be doing, pursuing, and the cat was reminding you of that.
            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Let us start from the beginning (also keep in mind I could be completely wrong):

You want to eat one of the fruits but do not wish to leave traces. You want to acquire something other people have (or seem to have) but are unwilling to let others know about it.

Shortly afterwards you find yourself looking at the sky. The fruit could then symbolize knowledge - and you reflect on this knowledge by looking at the sky. This new knowledge has opened up new possibilities, but at the same time you now see things that you previously did not - this is where the illusions and obstacles come from. The fact that the monolith is intelligent but you decide to work against it could mean that it is not something you agree with. Or at least, this is not how you imagined things to be intially.

The little cat was anthropormorphic, meaning the knowledge pertains to living beings indiscriminately of whatever they are animal or human. But it is childlike and devious, and also short in statue: The knowledge may be incomplete or even deceitful. This is further backed by how it leads you down tunnels that promise something (the chambers at the end of them) but continues leading you through more tunnels. You are able to see through the deception, but yet fall to it again and again all the same.

What is of particular note is the anti-climatic ending. The cat finally leads you to the truth, and you even choose to face the obstacled head on... But nothing happens because you wake up. The resolution of the story never comes to be. An open ending.

You mentioned "unconscious forces" and even "death urge" at the beginning of your post. Mind if I ask for more detail as to what these "forces" are? Anger? Depression? Thoughts of a more negative kind?

You have also declared yourself a Buddhist. Interestingly, the dream is filled with a lot of Buddhist symbolism - the tunnels, chambers, the cat, and the (unsolved) struggle at the end could be interpreted as the Buddhist's struggle against Samsara/Reincarnation, and the desire to attain Nirvana coupled with the distractions and temptations of the temporal world that are laid on the road to it. If that is the case, it could mean that you are close to enlightement but are missing the final component at the same time.
              Last edited by NeoPlatonic; 15 Aug 2015, 14:20.

Comment

Working...
              X