Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Snake- A symbol of good or of evil? What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Snake- A symbol of good or of evil? What do you think?

Originally posted by iris View Post
    I'm allergic to anything furry, we were considdering a ball python. They seem so sweet, but I didn't really know how their temper actually is. They're not pets the same way a dog or cat is, but are they actually ok to handle and such?
    Absolutely. But. Unlike a cat or dog, you can't let them roam without a possible escape escapade. If their head can fit, they can usually squeeze their body there. Ours made it under the water heater door and into the wall (the apartment complex hadn't sealed the pipe for the water heater) and into our downstairs neighbor's bathroom. And you have to handle them regularly. Ours was a retired museum snake, so she was very used to people, and very docile.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X