Drinking with your Gods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drinking with your Gods

I thought this could be a fun little thing to post up, and also a bit of an exercise to get to know what sort of relationship folks out there have with their deities. The idea is, pick one of the divine that you follow/worship/revere/etc, and write a little thing about what you feel it would be like to go out drinking with them! Where would you go? What would you have? What would you do?

For example, let's say that Thor came down to Midgaard, and he and I decided to go out for the evening. I'd think that we'd most likely end up at a down to earth, possibly a little rowdy, country bar, with lots of tvs showing various sporting events. We'd sit close to the bar itself, and Thor would make sure that there was a constant flow of pitchers of good quality, dark beer or ale on the table. For food, I figure it would be buffalo wings (no celery or ranch dressing, that's for wimps!) and potato skins. We'd talk about the games on tv, or point out various women on the dance floor, one of which he would approach and be quite friendly with, until her boyfriend showed up and it turned into a bit of a brawl. By the end of the night, we'd be bruised, quite drunk, and having a great time, and he'd be that guy to make sure that I got home safe and sound. The next morning I'd swear to never do that again, yet the moment Thor decided to stop by for a few drinks, we'd be right back at it again.

Re: Drinking with your Gods

I could not have planned it better!
    śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Originally posted by Thorbjorn View Post
      I could not have planned it better!
      I've had ideas for how an evening on the town with Loki and Odin would go too, but I'll hold off because I want to see what others have to say

Comment

OK, so I won't mention that little incident with Thiazi.
        śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
        śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

It would depend on which entity, but I would imagine drinking with Apollo would be at an arty bar, sampling different meads and wines, maybe eating a cheese platter. (Well, I would anyway. Not sure how much cheese would appeal to Him).

I can definitely see Him playing the lyre for an enraptured, half-drunk audience. And then leaving me to take home the prettiest girl (or guy) in the place.
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I doubt Lord Djehuty would do such a thing. Drinking, that is. Probably he'd do something else. But when I think of Lady Bast - it's possible. Of course I won't drink until I'm drunk. I drink very little. But hey, enjoying the world's gifts is necessary too!
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

The only deity I know with a connection to alcohol is Shezmu. He'd probably have some wines while I sit outside and wait for him to leave (I'm not allowed into bars).

Comment

Why is this not a more popular thread?

I'd choose Lugh. Rhiannon is my first choice in most things, but a drinking buddy? Have to be Lugh.

He'd find my house easily enough, I'm sure he's got a great sense of direction. Then we'd head out. I imagine my local would be first on the list. I'd have a cider, he'd have something dark. It would start out easily enough. He's a charmer, that one. We'd have a chat, meet some people, chat some more, then move onto someplace a bit more dance-y. I'd have a cocktail of some sort, something sweet and girly, he'd have another beer and head out to the floor with one or more girls. I don't mind, I'm not a club person myself and anyway he's a fantastic dancer. He'll circle back to me a few times when he's tired of his new friends, but he'll inevitably get called away again, either by the music or a new devotee.

A couple hours and several drinks later, he's describing to me in great detail how each of these drinks are made. The trouble with gods of skills, you see, is that they like to talk about them, and he's a great talker. After he's explained the distillation process in maddening detail, it's time to go. He has many skills, but I doubt 'driving drunk' was one he needed back in the day, and since I stopped drinking hours ago, I take the keys. I leave him, snoring, on my couch with a blanket and pillow and head to bed. He'll be fine in the morning. Because, of course, he would be.
                She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

Originally posted by October View Post
                  Why is this not a more popular thread?
                  I wondered that myself, and had another god to bring up, but wanted to wait to see what other responses showed up.

Drinking with Loki would most likely end up being one of those nights where you'd look back and say "Ugh, we got into so much trouble, and I barely remember most of it, but what a night!" I can see it starting out in a trendy, upscale bar, or maybe that one made all of ice in New York (Called MinusFive). The drinks would be strong, expensive, and way too easy going down at first, and get progressively rougher as the night went on until it simply turned into various shots. We'd sit off to the side, so Loki could point out various people an make sarcastic comments about them, sometimes just loud enough for them to hear, then laugh when they got offended. I also think it would be one of those days-after when I'd wake up not sure how I got home, and would most likely find myself in a rather awkward or embarrassing situation (in a fountain naked, in someone else's house, etc). All in good fun.

Comment

I wondered when someone would bring up Loki. You didn't disappoint :-D

He's not one of my gods, but man alive, would he be fun on a night out.
                    She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

Lord Heimdall?

I'm not sure if he would approve of heavy drinking. I'd probably end up asking him so many questions. I do occasionally raise my cup to him and the valkyries though

Comment

Working...
                      X