Real encounters with the Gods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Real encounters with the Gods

I did that once,it was on really good acid..might have been Quin..or purple microdot....
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
      Question - why doesn't it have to be real if you see a god/dess in a dream?
      Maybe, I can't say I've had even that happen. Dreams seem to be a rarity for me these days, even rarer that I can recall them, personally.
      "As long as humans continue to be the ruthless destroyer of other beings, we will never know health or peace. For as long as people massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, those who sow the seed of murder and pain will never reap joy or love." - Pythagoras

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown." - Homer, The Iliad

Comment

It is my belief that dreams can be as real as any other portion of your life. While I have never been in the presence of deity in my dreams I have had dreams that predicted future events and prepared me to modify the outcome in "real" life. I have died in my dreams and come back to life. I have awakened with burns, scratches, and other physical trauma that I received in my dreams. I have a compressed disc in my middle back which can only be tied to a dream wherein I fell from a building. It was discovered by a doctor during a preliminary workup for migraine treatment. He asked if I had ever fallen and landed on my shoulders and neck. When I told him only in a dream, he commented that this injury would have been disabling for six months or more. I had never been disabled like that in my life. I don't know whether he believed me or not but it has been my experience that dreams are sometimes just as physically real as any other part of life.

If you remember being in the presence of deity in your dreams then I would accept that could be real for you.
        Neither of us have evidence to show others. Although when I invoked the father aspect of An, those present in circle said I was taller, two inches or more, which would have made me at least six feet tall. I can't say, as my mind was occupied elsewhere.
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

So I had a thing happen last night. Now, I'm a scientist, I know it's all in the perception, but there were a lot of coincidences and I've seen this before.

I'm doing the Inner Temple of Witchcraft lessons on another board and one of the 'homework' assignments is to journal three pages a day. I've also been looking pretty hard for a job. So I was sitting in front of my altar, writing my journal, and I lit my Lugh and Rhiannon candles to invite them to come sit with me. Now, I was mostly talking to Lugh because he is a god skills and the last time I asked him for help I got two jobs in the same week. I got about 2/3 through the first page of my journal and a crack opened up in the side of the Lugh candle and the wick went straight down. I don't mean in a flash, but by comparison, the Rhiannon wick was sitting in a tiny pool of melted wax, right in the middle. The Lugh wick lasted right up until the second-to-last line of the third page before going out.

Now, candles are my business. I know how to pour and cool a votive candle so that it won't crack. The Rhiannon candle was made at the same time with the same wax, just scented and coloured differently, and I use them both at the same time for the same amount of time whenever I use my altar. Also, the crack looked to me like a lightning bolt, which is one of his symbols. But that could be entirely my brain colouring this.

So I'm pretty happy right now :-)
          She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

That's pretty incredible October! I bet that's a great sign!
            ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

My first encounter with Lord Anubis was when I was facing my fear of the dark. As I pulled out my night light and turned off my bedside light and was in the dark for the first time, I was having an anxiety attack. All of the sudden I felt his presence in the dark and felt a gentleness in the dark. Although I was still scared in the dark, I was comfortable because I knew he was there and I fell asleep.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

You know, I'd forgotten about this until now, but recently I went to San Francisco and to The Sword and the Rose, a pagan shop up there. I did some energy healing on the man behind the desk, a man of the faeries and one of the things he told me in thanks was 'I think you're one of the faery realm too.' Or something like that. I didn't know what to make of it at the time, so I smiled and nodded.

I found this thread maybe 20 minutes ago, and I've been thinking about it. Then maybe five minutes ago, I remembered what happened when I first opened myself to energy back when I was around 11 years old.

I was sitting on my bed, in awe of everything I could now see and feel, when my attention was pulled around to the side and towards a certain tree, which I could see clearly, even though there was a wall between us. A face bloomed out of the trunk, like the Oak King, but feminine. A woman, with oak leaves wreathing her face in its entire circumference, and very clearly and lovingly she said:

"You are my daughter."

And she said it so convincingly that I wondered if my mother was really my mother.

I still don't know who the woman wreathed in Oak leaves is. Though I am wondering now if she is a faery. Maybe the queen of faeries?

Comment

Originally posted by Fern View Post
                  You know, I'd forgotten about this until now, but recently I went to San Francisco and to The Sword and the Rose, a pagan shop up there. I did some energy healing on the man behind the desk, a man of the faeries and one of the things he told me in thanks was 'I think you're one of the faery realm too.' Or something like that. I didn't know what to make of it at the time, so I smiled and nodded.

I found this thread maybe 20 minutes ago, and I've been thinking about it. Then maybe five minutes ago, I remembered what happened when I first opened myself to energy back when I was around 11 years old.

I was sitting on my bed, in awe of everything I could now see and feel, when my attention was pulled around to the side and towards a certain tree, which I could see clearly, even though there was a wall between us. A face bloomed out of the trunk, like the Oak King, but feminine. A woman, with oak leaves wreathing her face in its entire circumference, and very clearly and lovingly she said:

"You are my daughter."

And she said it so convincingly that I wondered if my mother was really my mother.

I still don't know who the woman wreathed in Oak leaves is. Though I am wondering now if she is a faery. Maybe the queen of faeries?
                  You mean kind of like this lady?;

I started my journey into the fae after meeting a witch in Liverpool who worked with the fae. At first I was a non-believer and thought she was a bit fluffy, but as I got to know her better, I realised what a deeply spiritual and powerful woman she was. We did a few rituals together and one of them, that I had written, contained a line about the fae. My friend started dancing when I said that, and I could feel the fae all around us. From that moment, I started to believe. My friend then gave me a copy of The Faeries Oracle, which uses images by Brian Froud, like the one above.

The beings in it quickly become very 'real' as you work with it, and as such, I've been visited by the green woman on several occasions. She and 'the Laum' are currently working with me to help me transition to a new phase, not only spiritually, but on an individual level, as I over come all kinds of mental and emotional blocks.

You recently moved to a new city right? So maybe you too are in a transitional phase. I could be way off of course, and it may not even be the same being.

That oracle is like no other. It isn't like tarot or angel cards, and doesn't tell fortunes. It does something much deeper, that you need to experience for yourself to fully appreciate I think.

I've recently found myself in a very Froud-like place when I was between awake and sleep. My guides pulled me back, so I couldn't explore it very far, but I really believe it was the lower world, or faerie realm, that I'd glimpsed. As such, I really believe that Froud (as he claims), paints what is really there.
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I'm not sure. There are days were I know I am intune with the Natural world around me. When I seem to attract life, and not put it at ease. I used to think that was a spiritual connection with a God or Goddess I did not know.

I've yet to have a profound spiritual experience with any Deity, though lately I've been tried to have a guided meditation where I picture myself speaking with a God, of Goddess or even Ancestor. I've had some moments where to conversation has left my control, even become difficult, the questions challenging. I think I may be on the right path

Comment

I firmly believe there are no wrong paths. Each step you take provides lessons that will carry you toward the goal. The hardest part is always being honest with yourself. Search where it is safe to go but always go beyond your comfort level. If you are going to do something that could be dangerous alway include someone you trust to be there with you.
                      The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                      I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Working...
                      X