This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello folks

So after an evening of stalking, reading and lurking I have decided that you all seem like nice folks (for the most part that is...) and so I've decided to sign myself up! I don't really know what I can offer y'all at the moment. To be honest, my experience with and knowledge of paganism, or any faith for that matter, is muddled and confused. I'm really not too sure where I stand or what I think about my faith or spirituality. In response, I've found myself developing a huge curiosity in all this jazz so more than anything I guess I'll just be stalking you all and asking many questions - sorry!

To tell you a little bit about myself: I'm 17 years old (18 in December) and I'm from the North East of England. Currently I'm studying at sixth form, but I spent most of my time (considering it's the summer) doing what a lot of 17 year olds do. I enjoy being out with friends, listening to music: I love classic rock, folk, blues, classical, punk and a little jazz (a dodgy mix I know) My favorite band is possibly Pink Floyd (thank my parents) and one of my favorite songwriters is Bob Dylan. I've played the geetar for quite a few years, nothing special but I enjoy it immensely. I also like reading, pretty much anything I can get my hands on. Just started reading Stephen King, I've nearly finished 'Salem's lot! (Up to the part where they're about to go confront Barlow up at the house whooopp). Writers I love are Albert Camus, Thoreau, Bukowski, Hunter S. Thompson, Terry Pratchett and Jack London. Recently I've taken to long walks either with or without my close friends, I don't mind.

Anyway, I hope that gives you a lil bit of an introduction to myself and I look forward to learning from this brilliant community and getting to know you all! x

Re: Hello folks

Hi there!
    First of all, Stephen King is a god and have you read Carrie if you haven't go do it.

Secondly, welcome to the forum! We are all nice people, no worries :3

And don't worry- ask your questions! No one can possibly ask more than I did when I first joined xD

If you have questions, feel free to PM me, but my expertise is mainly Kemetic mythology

I hope you enjoy your time here! Warning: We are all extremely strange.
    Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

Thanks! I'll be sure to read Carrie as soon as I finish 'Salem's Lot. (please don't let it be too scary - I scare like a lil baby) Also I have no idea what Kemetic mythology is but when I get round to it I will most certainly give you a shout!

Comment

Originally posted by Kane View Post
        Thanks! I'll be sure to read Carrie as soon as I finish 'Salem's Lot. (please don't let it be too scary - I scare like a lil baby) Also I have no idea what Kemetic mythology is but when I get round to it I will most certainly give you a shout!
        Hehe, Kemetic is Egyptian :3

And don't worry, Carrie is not scary at all. It's eye opening though.

Comment

Aaaaaa right, sounds like something I'd totally be interested in then! And you say it's not scary but no doubt you'll find me in the corner crying in the fetal position after about 50 pages.

Comment

Aaaaaa right, sounds like something I'd totally be interested in then! And you say it's not scary but no doubt you'll find me in the corner crying in the fetal position after about 50 pages.
            Haha, you're funny
            Sounds like about as much confidence I have in myself when I watch a jump scare movie O.O

Comment

Hahaha never again will I watch any remotely scary movies. Ever since a few of my mates convinced me into watching the human centipede. Fair to say I made them turn it off prettyyy quicklyyy - scarred for life. Still haven't forgiven them.

Comment

Kane. Nice name.

If you like Bukowski, you should also listen to the music of Tom Waits, and if you read Camus, you'll have to do Nietzsche. But NOT The Will to Power. He didn't write it. Better to start with Beyond Good and Evil.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

So after an evening of stalking, reading and lurking I have decided that you all seem like nice folks (for the most part that is...) and so I've decided to sign myself up! I don't really know what I can offer y'all at the moment. To be honest, my experience with and knowledge of paganism, or any faith for that matter, is muddled and confused. I'm really not too sure where I stand or what I think about my faith or spirituality. In response, I've found myself developing a huge curiosity in all this jazz so more than anything I guess I'll just be stalking you all and asking many questions - sorry!

To tell you a little bit about myself: I'm 17 years old (18 in December) and I'm from the North East of England. Currently I'm studying at sixth form, but I spent most of my time (considering it's the summer) doing what a lot of 17 year olds do. I enjoy being out with friends, listening to music: I love classic rock, folk, blues, classical, punk and a little jazz (a dodgy mix I know) My favorite band is possibly Pink Floyd (thank my parents) and one of my favorite songwriters is Bob Dylan. I've played the geetar for quite a few years, nothing special but I enjoy it immensely. I also like reading, pretty much anything I can get my hands on. Just started reading Stephen King, I've nearly finished 'Salem's lot! (Up to the part where they're about to go confront Barlow up at the house whooopp). Writers I love are Albert Camus, Thoreau, Bukowski, Hunter S. Thompson, Terry Pratchett and Jack London. Recently I've taken to long walks either with or without my close friends, I don't mind.

Anyway, I hope that gives you a lil bit of an introduction to myself and I look forward to learning from this brilliant community and getting to know you all! x
                  Welcome!!!

Leave your sanity at the front desk, you won't need it here

Regarding Salem's Lot, if the group is going after Barlow en masse you have a while to go. If Barlow and the priest have already gone head to head and they're going after him then yeah you're pretty close.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    Kane. Nice name.

If you like Bukowski, you should also listen to the music of Tom Waits, and if you read Camus, you'll have to do Nietzsche. But NOT The Will to Power. He didn't write it. Better to start with Beyond Good and Evil.
                    Thanks! I've only heard the Heart of Saturday Night by Waits but if you have any suggestions for other albums of his to get stuck into then I'd love to hear them! And I'll definitely add Nietzsche to my reading list mate!

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    Welcome!!!

Leave your sanity at the front desk, you won't need it here

Regarding Salem's Lot, if the group is going after Barlow en masse you have a while to go. If Barlow and the priest have already gone head to head and they're going after him then yeah you're pretty close.
                    Thank you! And don't worry I didn't bother bringing my sanity anyway! Barlow and the priest have just squared up, god knows whats happened to them. The young lad has went back to the hospital and the gang think he's at an old school. Off to go find some Vampires in the morning I guess!

Comment

Welcome to our forum, Kane! We're about the same age, it seems.
                      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Hello and welcome to PF!
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks! I've only heard the Heart of Saturday Night by Waits but if you have any suggestions for other albums of his to get stuck into then I'd love to hear them!
                          Waits has gone through different periods, marked by increasing apparent loss of sanity alongside an increase in insane creativity. Heart of Saturday Night is from his early "down & out quasi-alcoholic" period... His most sane and traditional period.

Pick up the CD Beautiful Maladies, which is a collection from his middle "rapidly degenerating" period and you'll see the connection with Bukowski most clearly.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome Gleb & thalassa - can't wait to get to know everyoneee. And B. de Corbin, I'll for sure pick it up. So I'm guessing his voice just deteriorates the more time goes on, I guess heavy drinking and smoking will do that. Such a great sound though, a real husky growl.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                              X