Food Trying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food Trying

Does anyone else share this hobby? One of my favorite things to do is try new foods and recipes (the more unusual and exotic the better), and I want to know if anyone else likes doing this.

Comment

Re: Food Trying

I love making and trying new food. The sad thing is, I only have a mini fridge and a two-burner stove. Combined with my onion allergy, that sort of limits my options.

What are you, pregnant or something?
      "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

Originally posted by Gas Mask View Post
        I love making and trying new food. The sad thing is, I only have a mini fridge and a two-burner stove. Combined with my onion allergy, that sort of limits my options.

What are you, pregnant or something?

Mostly art.

Comment

I've had jalapeno poppers, but chocolate covered cheesecake jalapenos? That sounds like something a pregnant woman might eat.
          "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

I've had jalapeno poppers, but chocolate covered cheesecake jalapenos? That sounds like something a pregnant woman might eat.
            You should try deep fried pickles.

Mostly art.

Comment

I like poppers w/cheddar cheese, but the cream cheese kind are good, too!
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

In Albany,there was this Pizza place that had kinda mashed potato things stuffed with cheese,and deep fried..I have never seen them anywhere else..they were GOOD!!!!(came with dipping stuff also)
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

The idea was to make dessert poppers. Spicy chocolate is a pretty common thing, and cheesecake and chocolate works as we all know, so ... there you have it.

Comment

Is that a real question??? Do you not know what I do for a living??? FOOD is my life, in fact I'm pretty sure I drive everyone crazy with my talk of food and work.
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                      Is that a real question??? Do you not know what I do for a living??? FOOD is my life, in fact I'm pretty sure I drive everyone crazy with my talk of food and work.
                      Hehe I knew at least one person would respond like this.

Comment

I have two great loves, I love bread making and seeing what I can transform bread into and I love finding a way to combine savory and sweet into a dessert. I am personally not a fan of straight sweet things. I have to have salty and savory in there some way. So finding away to create that is my ultimate game.
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                          I have two great loves, I love bread making and seeing what I can transform bread into and I love finding a way to combine savory and sweet into a dessert. I am personally not a fan of straight sweet things. I have to have salty and savory in there some way. So finding away to create that is my ultimate game.
                          I have your solution. Dark chocolate bacon bread pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                            I have your solution. Dark chocolate bacon bread pudding.
                            I saw a bacon cheese cake the other day
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm obsessed with Gordon Ramsay, but that's as far as my "living for food" trek goes.

I do like trying out new things though, and if I had more skills in cooking (and a more allowing food budget) I would definitely be trying out some more "exotic" things. But hey, I'll try out what comes my way (unless there's rhubarb in it) and save judgment for post-consumption. ^^

Comment

Working...
                              X