What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Re: Cosplay, anyone?

I haven't done it myself, but one of my Japanese friends is desperate to make me go to an event with her sometime, and I'm definitely tempted (if only to make all those anime fans super jelly that I can speak Japanese, lol). I went to an anime convention with some friends last year and it was a blast seeing all the cosplayers. They really put so much effort into their costumes. It was a shame I didn't know enough about anime to know who they were, because apparently some of them really pulled it off.

If I were to cosplay. I think I'd like to go as this character;

At home is another matter however. I often dress up in some crazy outfits in the safety of my own home (and sometimes in the local area if I'm feeling especially daring).

I'm not a weeaboo stop thinking it.. I know you're thinking it.. lol
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

This will be my first time but I've been tempted for years too, I'm just not in to manga and anime, and those are the only cons we've had here. But I love your costumes the style is awesome, and that hood in the first picture is so cute! You should totally go for it, you look great
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
        This will be my first time but I've been tempted for years too, I'm just not in to manga and anime, and those are the only cons we've had here. But I love your costumes the style is awesome, and that hood in the first picture is so cute! You should totally go for it, you look great
        Does it have to be Japanese anime? I mean, in Japanese we refer to Disney and dreamworks as 'anime' too, and any comic, including DC and Marvel are 'manga', so there's plenty to chose from! I'm not big into anime either, but my friends tell me you can create your own character if you like. I might go as Zombie Alice or something. I already have a goth Alice costume to start from!
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
          Does it have to be Japanese anime? I mean, in Japanese we refer to Disney and dreamworks as 'anime' too, and any comic, including DC and Marvel are 'manga', so there's plenty to chose from! I'm not big into anime either, but my friends tell me you can create your own character if you like. I might go as Zombie Alice or something. I already have a goth Alice costume to start from!
          It probably doesn't have to, but that's what people do there. They're very small cons generally, the closest to something I know I've seen there is pokemon.
          Zombie alice sounds cool a friend of mine actually has the red alice dress from tim burton's version.
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
            It probably doesn't have to, but that's what people do there. They're very small cons generally, the closest to something I know I've seen there is pokemon.
            Zombie alice sounds cool a friend of mine actually has the red alice dress from tim burton's version.
            That sounds awesome! Mine is just a black and white maid outfit, but with images from Alice in Wonderland on the apron. Honestly, I don't know what the rules are about what you can and can't dress as at anime conventions. Comic con is pretty much anything goes though, isn't it? I'm sure I've seen videos from Comic con with people dressed as creepers and stuff. Your Narnia idea is creative, but would people recognise who you were? The other ideas might be more easily recognised if you're planning on entering the competition.

Pokemon.. I love pokemon, but I forget it's an anime for some reason. Dunno why.

Will your partners be dressing up too?

Comment

We're going to Sacanime here in in September - as a group of 7 Pokemon trainers/bad guys.

When we went to PAX in Seattle, my hubby was the Riddler from Batman, and I was Rarity (the best pony) from My Little Pony. Also we got our 20 year old nephew to go as Misty from Pokemon.

Good times.

We've got quite a few cons coming up between now and the end of the year - should be fun!

Comment

My brother, some friends and myself will hopefully be attending an event in Minneapolis Minnesota called Metacon and cosplaying as the Belcher family from Bob's Burgers!

I'm excited to let out my inner Bob Belcher while my heroic brother takes on the role of Tina (with his perfect moan renditions adding nicely to the cosplay). We unfortunately probably won't have a Linda with us since my girlfriend will still be finishing up school at the time, but at least most of the "family" will be there and causing a ruckus!

Comment

I used to do Cosplay before, but not anymore. Still it is so much fun. I have been so many different ones, my Favorite is Lady Loki and Black widow.
                  lady_loki_cosplay.jpg Not me in picture, but I have similar outfit.

Comment

My hubby and I will be doing a genderbend cosplay of the Joker and Harley Quinn.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickel View Post
                      My hubby and I will be doing a genderbend cosplay of the Joker and Harley Quinn.
                      Sounds really cool

Comment

A couple times, but I never had a costume so elaborate.
                        Still, the ambiance is fun. And we had good adult beverages with expert bartenders (because bartenders like to geek out a bit too).

Comment

Hah Luna. We originally wanted to do female thor and loki, but we just don't know where to start with those costumes. I couldn't possibly make anything as awesome as that one. I'm thinking of just going as a hogwarts student slytherin pride.

Joker and harley quinn sounds pretty awesome too I love how it's ok to gendernend anything. I could get quite hooked on it.
                          What babe?
                          The babe with the power
                          What power?
                          The Power of voodoo
                          Who do?
                          You do!
                          Do what?
                          Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I have done a few. Most recently I was Cassie hack from hack/slash. 2 people recognized me, but it was an anime convention so I guess I wasn't surprised, but it was a good costume. I have previously done Daughter from sorcerer hunters and Meryl strife from trigun. I love doing the costumes. I have also done sailor Pluto, dunno why that one slipped my mind.
                            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I have the materials for a Chichi (from DragonballZ) costume, and my husband said he'd be Goku and the kiddos said they'd be Gohan and Goten, but I don't know if we'll have them done by April. We'ere in the process of downsizing (baby on the way), as well as work schedules are all over the place and school just started back, and we will be moving by March. But my mom gave me a sewing machine and I'm going to try to figure it out so that we can hopefully cosplay at least once. =)

I have friends in Chicago who do it every year, and they are so good at it.
                              ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Working...
                              X