Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK,here comes a really bad image: I need to see why they said this was Wiccan related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK,here comes a really bad image: I need to see why they said this was Wiccan related

'Wiccan Ritual Killing' Leaves Family of Three Dead in Pensacola: Police
    also.
    "It appears that this might be connected to some type of Wiccan ritual killing and possibly tied to the blue moon," Hobbes told NBC News.

Where do they get the freaking blue moon thing...that's just stupid as hell.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-co...sacola-n404256

This gonna really piss me off,with them saying this crap.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that because it is Florida they might have weird ideas about pagans.

"It's frightening to think about. Especially when you have small children," neighbor Ken Lester said, according to affiliate WECT. "To find out that it was this weird, satanic cult, witchcraft whatever, is just really unsettling."
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: OK,here comes a really bad image: I need to see why they said this was Wiccan rel

Finally. Not about Satanists.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Re: OK,here comes a really bad image: I need to see why they said this was Wiccan rel

OK WHERE DO THEY GET THESE "Facts:

Authorities have evidence that led them to believe witchcraft was somehow involved in their deaths, saying it was a “ritualistic” act. Investigators noted that their murders occurred on the night of a blue moon, which is heavily referenced in witchcraft lore, and occurs once every three years.

Anyone know about this Witch blue moon thing?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        OK WHERE DO THEY GET THESE "Facts:

Authorities have evidence that led them to believe witchcraft was somehow involved in their deaths, saying it was a “ritualistic” act. Investigators noted that their murders occurred on the night of a blue moon, which is heavily referenced in witchcraft lore, and occurs once every three years.

Anyone know about this Witch blue moon thing?
        Witchcraft lore not that I am aware of. Werewolf lore ok that one I've heard of as making the beast especially dangerous do to two transformations in a short period of time.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
          Witchcraft lore not that I am aware of. Werewolf lore ok that one I've heard of as making the beast especially dangerous do to two transformations in a short period of time.
          Really? Folklore is dumb. There are exactly the same number of days between any full moon, blue or otherwise. The blue moon is simply a consequence of the fact our gregorian calendar doesn't match up exactly with the lunar cycle, so there's nearer to 13 lunar months in a year. Eventually, you're gonna end up with a full moon on the first or second day of a month, and another on the last 2 days..

But to the original topic.. this is just nonsense. Just some ill-informed idiots who don't understand what wicca is, jumping to conclusions which is distracting them from carrying out a proper investigation and getting justice for this poor family.

As for wiccans and the blue moon. When I was a wiccan the blue moon wasn't a special time to kill. I could kill on any full moon so long as the cop was a virgin.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
            Really? Folklore is dumb. There are exactly the same number of days between any full moon, blue or otherwise. The blue moon is simply a consequence of the fact our gregorian calendar doesn't match up exactly with the lunar cycle, so there's nearer to 13 lunar months in a year. Eventually, you're gonna end up with a full moon on the first or second day of a month, and another on the last 2 days..

But to the original topic.. this is just nonsense. Just some ill-informed idiots who don't understand what wicca is, jumping to conclusions which is distracting them from carrying out a proper investigation and getting justice for this poor family.

As for wiccans and the blue moon. When I was a wiccan the blue moon wasn't a special time to kill. I could kill on any full moon so long as the cop was a virgin.
            Oh I agree with the moon cycle and breakdowns between the solar and lunar calendars. In many ways I think it's all psychological in nature but as a people we tend to make things important when they really are not. I would not rule out the influence of the media in that story either. The first time I recall hearing about the double danger was when I was in Scotland years ago and it was winter and a month with two moons. More than a few of us "Yanks" were told about it and to not stay out during them and the clubs were pretty barren on that second moon.

Regarding the original question the article does suggest the person of interest practiced some form of Wicca. As such you can't rule out a presumed or implied connection. Got to face it twenty years ago Wicca as a lineage'd system was very structured across the board. Today there are so many flavors of "Wicca" that anything is actually possible and identified as Wicca by its practitioners. That and to be honest I'm willing to bet there is a teen version of Wicca that is not much different than the Teen version of Satanism that is very corrupted and bears little resemblance to Wicca as many would suggest.

I recall my own teen Satanism period and it bore nothing resembling what we would identify as Satanism today. Very much controlling through fear and projection of that fear upon other's to control and manipulate them. Don't know how many "Napkins" were grabbed from the trash for instance to gain control over some girl / woman for our desires and usage. Granted that was the early to mid 70's and part of the budding Satanism movement of the following 80's. I think all of us grew out of that belief but I can't say for certain they did though killing was more fantasy than actually doing though even that is not for certain knowing what I know of things that were done to some animals.

So are the idiots the police jumping to conclusions or are the idiots the pagans / occultist who continue to insist that "Their" description of Wicca is the only one in existence and that there are not corrupt usages out there? Fluff bunny borders upon the fringes of both light and dark and how it is perceived by those who practice it. With the insistence that you can not tell someone what or how to believe and practice the boundaries are endless.

That sort of borders upon saying eating the heart of an enemy or stronger friend will not give you their strength and power under a shamanic perspective. Most shaman or shamanic practitioners today would say it's false yet is it? I still know people who would never eat the heart of say a rabbit because of the weakness and fear perspective equated to that species yet will tear into a bear's heart in an instance. No more strange and freaky than the blood donnor's who hang with the vampire community and allow their lovers to feed upon them. To physically cut themselves so the blood flows while the hunger grows.
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

It's Florida. Shouldn't they be accusing Cubans of Afro-Juju?

I want to fling shit like a Florida cop.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I am a bit surprised that they did not go for the "Blood moon" angle I mean that has been made the news for a while...

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...-moon/2729378/

I mean if you are gonna go with a moon thing,you really should use one with a lot of conspiracy going for it anyway..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

So...some of this, I blame NBC's poor reporting. This is the only story calling it "Wiccan" as opposed to POSSIBLY linked to "witchcraft"

here's a direct quote from the county sherriff in another story:

Authorities haven't released the identity of the so-called person of interest or detailed why they believe that person, who practices witchcraft, is tied to the case.
                  "There are different factions of (witchcraft). While it doesn't bother me to release that particular thing, I most assuredly do not want to defame or demean any particular practice," Morgan said.
                  There were no signs of forced entry or robbery at the home, he said, and authorities are still searching for information about what happened.
                  "While we have a person of interest," Morgan said, "there are still many things about this case we want to pursue."
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

I looked up the cop in question,and he has been in the news before. Has to do with his cops shooting a man who was looking for his ciggs in his OWN car.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a..._shooting.html

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I swear something is in the water in Florida.

Comment

Just read the Daily Mail version that Wenny linked in the other thread. It didn't even happen on the blue moon??? Sounds to me like the killer had mental health problems, possible delusions, and it's as simple as that. People go crazy and kill in the name of all kinds of religions. This time they went for the unoriginal occult angle.

Originally posted by Wenny View Post
                        I swear something is in the water in Florida.
                        Yeah.. cars and buildings mainly, from what I can tell (*cough* sink holes *cough*).

Also I noticed this in the Daily Mail verison;

"The family was reportedly extremely reclusive, to the point where there own neighbors said they never spoke to or saw the three."

(I know I posted this once before a year or two back, but it felt time for another airing ^^)
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

The Blue Moon:

Around here, we recognized it was a Blue Moon and did a special ritual (no death involved because our group is, mostly, Wiccan, and you know, harm none). The Blue Moon is when there's a full moon twice in one month. That's really all that makes it special.

As for the rest. Ugh. Just ugh.
                          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I saw the headline this morning. They really need to do more research before saying that it is Wiccan-related. It pisses me off too.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

The story made gawker (http://gawker.com/cops-say-ritualist...blu-1722211117), I do enjoy reading the comments.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                              Just read the Daily Mail version that Wenny linked in the other thread. It didn't even happen on the blue moon??? Sounds to me like the killer had mental health problems, possible delusions, and it's as simple as that. People go crazy and kill in the name of all kinds of religions. This time they went for the unoriginal occult angle.

Yeah.. cars and buildings mainly, from what I can tell (*cough* sink holes *cough*).

Also I noticed this in the Daily Mail verison;

"The family was reportedly extremely reclusive, to the point where there own neighbors said they never spoke to or saw the three."

(I know I posted this once before a year or two back, but it felt time for another airing ^^)
                              I am shaky on English. It is a grammar mistake?

Comment

Working...
                              X