Dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreams

I'm not entirely sure if it fits into this forum category but I wasn't sure which other to put it in. I need help remembering my dreams. When I was a child I had awful night terrors this stopped when I was about 3 or 4, my parents had gotten help with the situation but they didn't go away until my mum had bought me my first dream catcher. I'm nearly 14 and to this day I can not sleep without that same dream catcher and usually sleep with at least 3 others. If by the off chance I am able to sleep without my dream catcher the sleep is usually short and interrupted by nightmares. Since then I have been unable to remember any dreams. I am starting to wonder if my mind is only capable of generating bad dreams or unable to remember good dreams. I'm sorry this is sooo long but I would like to know if there are any spells and/or guided meditations that will help me have more positive dreams and remember them

Re: Dreams

Before magic, look first to the mundane.

Things that cause bad dreams: stress, anxiety, illness, bad diet, lack of physical activity, difficult life situation, etc.

Make sure that you are taking good care of yourself, see a doctor, address any life problems (as much as possible).

My no. 1 daughter used to experience night terrors. It is fairly common and I don't think anybody knows the cause, although it is likely to be stress related. As an adult, she does have problems with anxiety triggered by stress. It's the family curse... We all get that here...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Well I'm in pretty good physical health, I eat very healthy and am extremely active. I have had mental health issues which are currently being taken care of. My main reason for asking isn't so much trying to get rid of the night terrors but trying to remember my dreams so i can attempt to analyse them. I'm positive that doing so will help plus I'd like to be able to connect to my subconscious through my dreams.

Comment

The easiest answer is to keep a dream journal. It not only helps to keep track of your dreams, but also sends a message to your subconscious that you are willing to hear what it has to say - which in turn may cause you to get longer and more detailed dreams. You may not always dream, but when you do, remember to write your dreams down.

Comment

Originally posted by Archifenix View Post
          The easiest answer is to keep a dream journal. It not only helps to keep track of your dreams, but also sends a message to your subconscious that you are willing to hear what it has to say - which in turn may cause you to get longer and more detailed dreams. You may not always dream, but when you do, remember to write your dreams down.
          I have an app on my phone for that, since I grab it first thing to turn off my alarm anyway. And I second writing them down to help with remembering.
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Even when I first wake up I don't remember them. Sometimes I remember nightmares but wake up really drained, this is the reason for me sleeping with a dream catcher.

Comment

Working...
            X