X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unusual Foods

^^^ Me too!!! Me too!!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeze???? LOL
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
      ^^^ Me too!!! Me too!!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeze???? LOL
      Oh... OK.

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Yay!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Jerk dynasty...

See ya later alligator!
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

That looks neat!
            sigpic

Comment

The internet is a lot like Alice's Restaurant... You can get anything you want.

Comment

Not quite everything, unfortunately.

Anyway.... I've had escargot, which I liked, and octopus, which I didn't.
                sigpic

Comment

Octopus is hard to cook right - it tends to get chewy. I've never had good luck cooking it (at certain times of the year you can get it cheap in Detroit. There is a strange custom of throwing octopuses on the ice during Redwing games), but I've had it in Greek restaurants (in Detroit's Greektown) where it was good.

We used to eat a lot of squid, but we can't get it up here. I have a picture of my daughter when she was five standing on a chair at the sink with me cleaning squid (pull the head with tentacles out of the bodysack, save the tentacles, pull the "feather" out of the body, rinse, and you're ready to go. The bodies look like condoms, and are good stuffed with rice, tomatoes, and spices, then baked).

Comment

Oh I've eaten all kinds of weird stuff. I've drank the modified sweat of a mammal, that had evolved as a food source for their young, I've eaten the mould that forms if you leave that sweat for too long. I've eaten the left over fermented goo after the brewing of beer. I've eaten eggs.. essentially chicken periods, that come out of the same orifice as their poop.. yum.. I've eaten that green slippery stuff you see growing on rocks by the sea.. I've eaten exploded corn... leaves... plant roots...

The weirdest thing I've eaten is probably natto though. Natto is alien nose-spawn. It's really good for you and tastes fantastic! It's just a shame they keep those aliens in such small cages. It's cruel, but you can't be too careful with aliens.. it's us or them.
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

LOL Just saw this and was reminded of this thread. http://food.dose.com/lists/22331/19-...5BPTwUVGE7I%3D
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        Someday I'd like to try alligator. Have any of you?

Haven't had that but would like to try it maybe..
                        Its pretty tasty, what I am not a fan of is Frog legs.. I don't like the texture its chewy. KP loves them as does my Dad. Dad also really likes squirrel. Its not something he has very often because my Grandmother has to cook it cause my Step-mom wont.
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Yeh frog legs...

How completely un PC
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I've had frog legs - forgot about that - liked them! It was at a buffet somewhere in Arkansas. That's how I like to try something like that - Im not going to pay a lot for something I'm not sure of, when all I want is a taste the first time.
                            sigpic

Comment

I have had python before. It tastes like squid and chicken had a baby. And I have had wolf, which is just all kinds of gross. A few kinds of bugs, not always voluntarily. And probably a few more things, that I can't remember.

Comment

cactus. Word to your madre'
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X