Incorporating Practices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorporating Practices

I've been thinking about incorporating Aztec practices and beliefs into my belief system. Does anyone have any good advice for this? You can also post links to Aztec practices if you want.

Re: Incorporating Practices

Hmm.. maybe begin by doing a little research and looking for places where Aztec practices are similar to your current kemetic practices, and start there. I know from my own path that different paths often share common practices. I'm working with Celtic deities so have a Celtic flavour to my work, and yet I've easily incorporated ideas from Shinto, which shares certain concepts such as nature spirits and ancestor worship. It's just easier to fill in details about such things by stealing from an extant religion, rather than try to second-guess what the Celts of Northumberland may have believed. In the same vein, one of the books I'm reading is written from a Northern Tradition angle, which isn't a path I have much interest in from a theological point of view, but as this is mainly about spirit work, there is plenty I can borrow from it; the spirits of the land are the same regardless of the dominant religion of the people living there after all.

I'm sure it won't take too much digging to find similarities between ancient Egyptian and Aztec beliefs and practices. They were both sun worshippers weren't they? So maybe incorporating rituals around the sun is a place to start?

I can't give you anything in the way of practices I'm afraid, but you might want to consider rabbits... Why was the march hare so important to the aztecs?
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
    X