Bacon is not that good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bacon is not that good.

Bacon: very well done and crispy-crumbly, on pizza with mushrooms.....Ah, something to dream on....
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      i like it mostly with my eggs. Or let's be real about the best part of bacon. The grease!

Raise your hands if you use it to refry your frijoles!

My mom always had a Folger's coffee can on the stove filled with leftover drippings.
      We save bacon grease in this house and my Nan's house, at my Mommas house, at my aunts house... get the picture yet? We use the grease for cooking of almost everything. Its good if your sweating onions and garlic, for making green beans, for as Duce said frijoles!

I don't have the obsession of putting it on everything or with everything but I like it but I like almost the entire pig. I like pork ribs, pork butt, pork belly. I can say probably the only part I'm not really interested in is the head. Its not really my thing. I like making my own bacon and yes I do this about every other week with about 9 pork bellies. I cure them and rotate them for 7 days and then smoke them.

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
      I always assumed the obsession with bacon is that it tastes like human flesh. I know burns victims smell like bacon.
      Can't say Jembru that I agree with bacon tasting like human flesh but I've never eaten it, I also might not have smelled serious burn victims so I will take your word on this.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      omg I forgot about fried bologna. It would curl up on itself. We had 'mexican' hot dogs. Fried bologna and then wrapped in a corn tortilla. I'm hungee.
      Fried bologna with american cheese and miracle whip... maybe a little lettuce.. Damn you all!!!
      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        ..we had a grease can too.
        Used for eggs and other stuff,and also to fry baloney...was good on butter(margarine) toast as a sammy.
        We did three.

Cut for notches in the baloney before you fry it and it won't crunch up. It also comes out looking like an iron cross.

(I am referring to the iron crosses awarded during the Napoleonic wars, not WWII. I want to make this clear so as not to kill the thread.)
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
          I find bacon receives far more praise than it deserves in today's media and overall popular culture. Bacon is just fried pig meat, it is essentially unhealthier ham. It tastes okay, but if its crispy it just tastes like burn, and if its too soft you cant chew it. When its just right, its just fatty pig meat.

Discuss.
          Blasphemy.

Having said that, I use bacon as an ingredient more than I eat it on it's own. A fried rasher of bacon is good, but it's not the bees knees.

Diced bacon, onion and garlic on the other hand... THAT is the food of the gods. That trio is a staple in my house and my parent's house. And if you use really good quality, extra smokey bacon from mum's local butcher it's even better.

Comment

I like bacon when its made correctly. And by made correctly, I mean before I take it home to cook it, and afterwards.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

About it tasting like human flesh. This is not true. There have been quite a few things through out history that same humans taste more like veil.

"In the 1920s, journalist William Seabrook traveled to West Africa for the ultimate
              taste test. In his book, "Jungle Ways," he says human cuts taste like veal: It was like good, fully developed veal, not young, but not yet beef. It was very definitely like that, and it was not like any other meat I had ever tasted."

Comment

Just ordered pizza--chicken, bacon, pineapple, tomatoes, and black olives.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,yeh love the Hawaiian style Pizza as as they call it. sometimes Canadian bacon or ham..
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I think overall I prefer pepperoni to bacon, but it's not as versitile. Pepperoni wrapped scallops? Mac and cheese with pepperoni? Hmm ... Let me think about this some more

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                      Just ordered pizza--chicken, bacon, pineapple, tomatoes, and black olives.
                      That's just about what I get on my pizza too, minus the chicken and adding mushrooms.

Comment

Working...
                      X