• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pagan Forum's Ark

I call shotgun on the ark!

Comment

I'm going to cheat and make two separate lists.

List 1: The animals I need to survive

1. Cats
      2. Dogs
      3. Honeybees
      4. Dragonflies (to eat the mosquitoes that will show up after the flood)
      5. Chickens (for their delicious eggs)

List 2: Animals that I just want on the planet

1. Cats
      2. Dogs
      3. Bumblebees (because cuter than honeybees)
      4. Ptarmigan
      5. Least weasel!

(and snowy owl, and polar bears, and regular bears, and mooses, and meeses, and feeshes to feed them all)

Mostly art.

Comment

5, huh? Let's see....

1. Cats (shaksy)
        2. Snow leopards (also super shaksy)
        3. Orangutans (smart)
        4. Trained bears
        5. Horses (so I could quickly move to other members of the forum. )
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
          5, huh? Let's see....

1. Cats (shaksy)
          2. Snow leopards (also super shaksy)
          3. Orangutans (smart)
          4. Trained bears
          5. Horses (so I could quickly move to other members of the forum. )
          Horses neither swim nor fly, so I doubt you'll find me by horse.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
            Horses neither swim nor fly, so I doubt you'll find me by horse.
            You know what? Pegasus! Here! It's a kind of horse. Bwahahahaha!

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I thought of mentioning ibises but they wouldn't take the weight. Unless I summon huge ibises like Gandalf.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

1. Reindeer
              2. Crows
              3. Sheep
              4. Goats
              5. Yaks

+ Wolf fish. They wouldn't need an ark though.
              baah.

Comment

I'm gonna add 5 I can absolutely live without first:
                orca, starlings, all cockroaches except the cool hissing one, burmese pythons, and coywolves (also feral pigs and feral cats, asian carp, cane toads)...and all of the except orca are probaby a-ok in their native habitat (orca being in the ocean would not be able to contain in their own habitat and are a menace to other marine mammals...they are the technology-less humans of the ocean)

I'm cheating too....there are too many animals! I'd have to goo with the ones I know need serious help now: vaquita, hellbender, rhino (pick a species), cloud leopard, blue whales
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Only five to choose ARRRGG, really difficult. many of the ones I had in mind have been said so lets see.

1. Butterflies
                  2. earthwoorms
                  3. Primates
                  4. Pigs
                  5. Wolfes

Still there are so many more I want to add

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                    There might not be enough room for all of us on the boat.. we might have to start a vote for which PF members get to continue the human race on our behalf.. not THAT would be an interesting thread!
                    As if I would allow mere flooding to endanger my supply of pizza toppings...

What type of infant Horror do you take me for?
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

(1).Jersey cow ... meat, milk, cheese, companion ...(2.) Grey Goose ... meat, eggs, companion ...(3.) Potbelly Pig ... meat, grease, companion ... (4.) Whitetail Deer ... meat, horn, sinew, companion ... (5.) Burro ... work, companion ...
                      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Since we are talking an ark, I will assume the marine mammals and fish are going to be ok.
                        Rabbits, meat and fertilizer; Pigs, you gotta have ham and bacon and more fertilizer; Chickens, meat, eggs, they get rid of bugs and more fertilizer; Mule deer, meat, fertilizer, antler, bone, sinew and hide; Goats, milk, cheese, meat, bone, fertilizer and hide.

I am assuming that my family will be available for companionship but if not then a few submissive redheads will be fine.
                        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Horse: Ride and goods transportion
                          Wolf: Man-friend, protector and great for hunting
                          Honeybees: polination
                          Goats: Easy to keep, breed quickly, source of meat, hide and milk
                          Chicken: Source of meat, egg and feather.. not to mention the roosters are living morning alarm

Comment

Are we all going to be on the same ark? I'm going to assume yes so I'll list sine of the not-so-popular animals since a lot of the practical ones have been listed.

1. Llamas (I don't think those have been mentioned yet...? Clothes!)
                            2. Snakes (edited since geese were already mentioned)
                            3. Ants
                            4. Hummingbirds
                            5. Groot
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                            Sneak Attack
                            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                              I am assuming that my family will be available for companionship but if not then a few submissive redheads will be fine.
                              The words "submissive" and "redhead" can not exist in the some sentence ...
                              I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Perhaps not, at least universally, but then there are always exceptions to the rules. Besides, a man can have any fantasy he desires and the little red head is mine. My wife thinks its adorable and I know it is pure fantasy so it is a healthy thing.
                                The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                                I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X